Buying a car

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mock but Mrs Ned and I drove nearly new cars for years until my car died big style forcing me to buy a 'run-around' from Gum Tree for £300 that turned out to be that good I just kept it.

It had 10 months MOT on it and it lasted the 10 months without me having to spend a penny on it - at the end of the 10 months I got £165 for scrapping it and went out and bought another 'banger'.

That's 10 months driving for £135 !! Mrs Ned's finance is more than that a month and her car has also generated it's own fair share of costly repair bills.

My current car cost £350 and is fecking outstanding ... I'm actually thinking of putting this one through its MOT which would be the first MOT I've put a car of mine though for about 5 years. (more money saved)

If any of these cars had died big style I wouldn't have repaired them I'd have just scrapped them straight away and bought another cheapo - the current collect from house deals average about £150 ;)

What about fuel, insurance and tax ??

I ended up buying a second hand Kia Pro Cee'd. It's a diesel, three door and I really like it. It's five years old and still has two years on the warranty. It's super reliable and I got it for just under £6,000. Nothing gone wrong with it during it's whole life.

I've been driving into work but am going to stop that once the nights get lighter. Took it up to Inverness a few weeks ago, absolutely fine. It's pretty powerful for a smaller car.

Make sure you boot f**k out of it to regen the dpf lolz !!

Likewise

I am driving my wife's Yaris and I am like a bear in a pram when driving it,when she is fit I quite fancy a Nissan Juke diesel.

Just go on the sick and ask for a mobility car they are giving Juke's and Qashqai's away willy nilly to these reprobates speaks volumes about how shite they are also Renault engine's lolz

I am a licensed car trader and operate a sale pitch in South Lanarkshire and have been in the retail motor trade sector for 18 years now and only Random Guy and Ned Nederlander seem to be the only i.t.k most frugal car buyers on this thread, the rest are all quite literally clueless and would most likely have to phone the A.A if they had a puncture.

I am a licensed car trader and operate a sale pitch in South Lanarkshire and have been in the retail motor trade sector for 18 years now and only Random Guy and Ned Nederlander seem to be the only i.t.k most frugal car buyers on this thread, the rest are all quite literally clueless and would most likely have to phone the A.A if they had a puncture.

article-0-033E31DC0000044D-146_224x423.j

I bet it smokes like f**k due to crankcase breathers blocked, burns oil and has absoloutly no power due to a stretched timing chain lolz

Thanks for the advice. Luckily being a mechanic i was already aware of the most common possible faults on this car are, and everything fine at the moment. Likely just jinxed it though.

Would agree about the 1.6 Diesel engines going about just now though, not a single good word about them and the dreaded DPFs.

Also 2.0 TDis in newer Audis seem to have a fairly common fault of burning through ridiculous amounts of oil, something Audi will sort for you, but only after youve spent around £200 getting them to diagnose it.

So what is your advice then? How would one go about getting a good deal from a trader like yourself?

Archived