Raith v Forfar

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woeful game of football but good to be through I suppose. Forfar looked decent at times but we shouldn't have made it so hard.

Credit to Murray for the squad he has assembled but he better find the best way to utilise them quick. Far too often we just don't seem to know what we are doing.

Also heard the people behind me talking about how the Gary Glen talk is beginning to annoy them on here. I didnt say anything because I am not going to introduce myself as a guy from the internet but I strongly disagreed in silence.

Also heard the people behind me talking about how the Gary Glen talk is beginning to annoy them on here. I didnt say anything because I am not going to introduce myself as a guy from the internet but I strongly disagreed in silence.

We're more than just a one man team. That's probably what's annoying them. Give the other players some credit too.

It was probably Gary Glen.

Absolutely brutal game. Mark Stewart looked good today, alongside Nade, Scott and Conroy. Elliot's second was an absolute belter. Liam Fox should be nowhere near the first team though. I lost count of the number of times in the final 20 minutes and the first half of injury time where he hoofed the ball into a space hoping for it to land at a Rovers player.

Can't agree that we were "gash". We were far from great, but we were good enough. Deserved the win, and for all that Forfar were lively at time and made us work for it, we created enough in that second half that we ought to have won it in normal time, and on most days probably would have.

(All that said, that looked like a clear penalty they should have had at 3-2.)

We'll play better this season, but it was job done, and there were things to be positive about.

Liam Fox's range of passing really is incredible. Whether his intended target is 5, or 45 yards away, he'll almost certainly overhit it to no-one. As bad as he was, I still cringed at the loud cheers when he was eventually subbed.

McKeown as well looked poor. His positional sense was all over the place at times, which is slightly concerning.

Elliot looked decent in spells, and Stewart was arguably man-of-the-match, which was pleasantly surprising.

A win's a win, but it didn't exactly fill me with confidence for Tuesday, never mind the league campaign.

If we keep playing like that we will be relegation fodder.

Defensively we are still very suspect. Thomson and mckeon were both very poor positionally today. Fox was awful. Truelly utterly awful. How he lasted 105 minutes would normally be a mystery if our manager wasn't Grant Murray. Nade looks quality. We need to play the ball to his feet or body. He played others in brilliantly today. Stewart, Conroy and Scott looked good. Scott looked the best of the 3. If they have someone decent instead of Fox alongside them we could have a decent midfield.

A win is welcome but it was a very patchy performance. Not a confident or competent start to the season.

Can't agree that we were "gash". We were far from great, but we were good enough. Deserved the win, and for all that Forfar were lively at time and made us work for it, we created enough in that second half that we ought to have won it in normal time, and on most days probably would have.

(All that said, that looked like a clear penalty they should have had at 3-2.)

We'll play better this season, but it was job done, and there were things to be positive about.

Things to be positive about? Missed the positive thing and totally missed the things.

Archived