The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

Delighted Giuseppe won.

Can't understand how Crystelle didn't seem to have realised her focaccia was so bad. It looked wrong when she put it in but how did she not even realise when she took it out the oven?

I didn't really get the point of zero instructions in the technical either. Made it more of a knowledge challenge rather than technical. Obviously there's always a fair requirement for knowledge, as the normal instructions are very basic, but the lack of any real guidelines made it more chance based.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Hopefully they bin Noel fielding for next year, the way in which he oh so hilariously lectured Giuseppe after his wee faux pas was a disgrace when there was so much at stake.

Could tell Giuseppe just wanted to stick a size 10 in to the c***s throat.

Was very worried Giuseppe had Hibsed it, but lucky Christelle served up that horrific foccaccia, so much oil it was like a confit duck leg.

Think the best contestant overall won, albeit the other 2 finalists had improved as weeks went on, Chigs especially good considering how little time he's been baking.

Reading back on this I have to agree Noel's smarmy dig about the oven not being on was fucking horrendous. Properly acting the c**t when there was something at stake. Would have fully understood Giuseppe knocking him the f**k out.

Can only respect Giuseppe for turning up, wiping the floor with everyone and then dipping straight back to Italy.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I can’t believe they decided to leave it in their final edit on top of it all, there were several awful attempts at humour that made no sense whatsoever throughout the series which were clearly just thrown in to remind us they wee a part of the show. 

I’ve said it before but you need a dead serious presenter who has zero sense of humour and combine it with someone who makes silly jokes to get the balance right. Having 2 fairly similar comedians making weird jokes just for the sake of it is just obnoxious.

I would tend to agree. I think Noel Fielding is as funny as a boot in the nuts at the best of times. Would be delighted if he got binned for the next series. 

Still cannae believe that focaccia either. Looked like it had the consistency of mashed potato. I reckon she'd have been in with a serious shout if that had been anything approaching edible. 

Not sure why folk consistently get riled about the clearly set-up pieces with the presenters, it's a TV show and adding that narrative structure is part of the entertainment. I reckon the time for them is almost certainly built in to the challenges too.

I didn't actually like Noel Fielding before he started Bake Off, but he's grown on me through the show. Wasn't sure about the dynamic with Lucas either but it's mostly fine.