Sportscene watch 2015/16

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have a bare arsed cheek to claim there were 42,000 people there. There were huge areas of empty sets everywhere. The place seemed a third full at best.

Can't believe this still gets trotted out.

You count season ticket holders. They paid for all the games so they are counted even if they don't show up. Celtic have around 40k season tickets. Throw in pay at the gate and some away fans and there you go.

You count season ticket holders. They paid for all the games so they are counted even if they don't show up. Celtic have around 40k season tickets. Throw in pay at the gate and some away fans and there you go.

Do you have a soft spot for Celtic? I said something about them the other week and you were sticking up for them then as well.

That would be fine if it was called a "bought-a-ticketance" rather than an "attendance".

lol wut.

So if there's 18,000 at a home game against ICT, the attendance is actually 40,000?

Can't believe this still gets trotted out either.

You count season ticket holders.

The word "attendance" means 'being present at the event'. If you have bought a ticket (season ticket or otherwise) and do not go to the game, you are not in attendance and should not be counted as such.

The vast majority of clubs reveal the actual attendance at their game and don't just lie about it. But that's because the vast majority of clubs aren't embarrassed by the pathetic turnout from their fans who proclaim to be the best in the world.

If Celtic have 40k season ticket holders, and lets say 150 came from Dingwall and a few hundred were in hospitality then Celtic have a pay at the gate crowd of under 1500? That's surely not right?

I know why the numbers are inflated but not all clubs do this. My original point remains - they have a cheek to publish any figure so woefully inaccurate as saturday's. At Pollok the only declared gate is one that counts people coming in the ST gate, plus the 3 cash turnstiles. Celtic just make it up. The tech to count those turning up is there (the gate click) but they choose to release an irrelevant and laughable figure.

Do you have a soft spot for Celtic? I said something about them the other week and you were sticking up for them then as well.

Yes. Glasgow side of the family were all Celtic, took me to Parkhead to see the European Cup (Im that old!) and all that stuff so yes I do.

Still go to Dens though not Parkhead. Wouldn't be any other way in that respect.

Yes. Glasgow side of the family were all Celtic, took me to Parkhead to see the European Cup (Im that old!) and all that stuff so yes I do.

Still go to Dens though not Parkhead. Wouldn't be any other way in that respect.

The worst kind. A diddy club supporter with a "soft spot" for one of the cheeks.

Yuch indeed.

At the recent cup tie at Dens, a daft wifie actually tried to convince me that DFC were "the Catholic team in Dundee".

I did my "Not sure if serious" face for a bit, then ignored her nonsense thereafter.

After reading rainbowrising's chat, maybe she had a point...

Yuch indeed.

At the recent cup tie at Dens, a daft wifie actually tried to convince me that DFC were "the Catholic team in Dundee".

I did my "Not sure if serious" face for a bit, then ignored her nonsense thereafter.

After reading rainbowrising's chat, maybe she had a point...

You should've got the stupid cow telt we're the secular humanist agnostic team in Dundee.

Archived