Sportscene watch 2015/16

It shouldn't be one or the other - it should be both as the BBC don't fund the youtube channel. It's tax payers cash that pays for the BBC stuff and I don't think we're getting our money's worth when you see how much money is chucked at the English game. You tube is fine - but there are plenty of folk (especially older ones) that love the football but don't want to be watching it on a computer or a tablet...m

I agree with others - I'd be genuinely interested to see all the Championship games on the telly - no reason why they couldn't do it...

Confession time....

I've never been on utube in my life and have absolutely no idea how you would access the SPFL highlights package.

I feel a bit inadequate now.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it is (albeit 'non-league' which is maybe what you're thinking of?)... and even if you take League 2 instead, you only see the score lines pop up as they also do in England.

Absolutely nothing to do with the huge number of clubs / games they have to cover across those 20 team leagues compared to ours combined with the fact that a large percentage of Scottish football fans also have an interest in English football which is of a higher standard, no?

Anyway, with all the football they already get, I can't imagine that additional football which is a complete irrelevance to the vast majority of the population there would be welcomed (unlike a higher standard of English football to most in Scotland), especially in England where as a whole the population's interest generally spreads across more sports than in Scotland (e.g. higher interest in Rugby League, cricket etc) which explains...

If you're arguing for more coverage of Scottish sports in Scotland then it doesn't all have to be about football you know. I personally think that we have enough here so I hate to think what the non-football fans would think. The overall argument on the thread however was that if you're going to have more football coverage then it should be fair to all sides in the leagues which are shown.

If however you're suggesting that we axe the late night Saturday Football League Show in place of SPFL then you've got the slight issue that BBC Scotland can't show it until the day after, hence it must be additional. Also that in places like Brechin, the matches are filmed on an amateur basis and aren't immediately sent away ready to be slotted into a BBC show broadcast nationally. It's a few days until the prementioned YouTube channel becomes available. This is in contrast to England where the poorest clubs we see in the Football League Show are bigger than some of our Premiership clubs and the reason they are filmed professionally isn't just to appease somebody's vision of cross-border fairness.

I think you're deliberately missing the point just for the sake of it. This is looking very similar to another posters approach.

Surprised they didn't show the highlights of Barry Ferguson's Clyde at Queens Park as yesterday's Sportsound was reflecting the BBC's ongoing love-in with things Sevco.

I listened to the podcast yesterday which was from Saturday's Sportsound. Post match interview from Dundee v Killie, one from Ferguson and then go to the website for the rest. All this after 40 minutes on Rangers and Celtic, who weren't playing that day!

Amazes me the number of folk who watch Sportscene. Far better just to watch the clips online and then use Sportscene to catch up on the Sunday matches.

I think you're deliberately missing the point just for the sake of it. This is looking very similar to another posters approach.

Sorry, what exact point is this? I'm quite honestly not deliberately missing / avoiding anything here and still can't understand your mindset unless you're sitting at home in Braveheart face paint.

You can uaually watch an entire game on Alba on Saturdays.

It doesn't matter if you cannot understand the commentary, as there would be no commentary at a live match anyway.

So turn the sound down and rant away at the telly, as you would at a game! Bliss.

You can uaually watch an entire game on Alba on Saturdays.

It doesn't matter if you cannot understand the commentary, as there would be no commentary at a live match anyway.

So turn the sound down and rant away at the telly, as you would at a game! Bliss.

I believe its 2 x 1 hour highlights this season, Saturday & Sunday nights.

I listened to the podcast yesterday which was from Saturday's Sportsound. Post match interview from Dundee v Killie, one from Ferguson and then go to the website for the rest. All this after 40 minutes on Rangers and Celtic, who weren't playing that day!

Amazes me the number of folk who watch Sportscene. Far better just to watch the clips online and then use Sportscene to catch up on the Sunday matches.

I watch it to see Sir Thommo of Hawk. Damn, but doesn't that man get more handsome with each passing day? :wub:

Like it or not, the vast majority English interest in Scottish Football will be (what I imagine to be) your interest in the Lowland League... which isn't even mentioned on TV in Scotland.

I've been working in England for the last 4 years.

Scottish football doesn't register here even slightly. They really couldn't be less interested.

Sonsteam of 08, on 17 Aug 2014 - 22:23, said:

Hopefully Sons V QOS isn't one of the 'selected' Championship games tonight. Not sure I can face it again...

Lolz. You aren't Rangers, Hibs or Hearts, the West Coast media has no interest.

Archived