Sportsound Watch

2 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Pat Bonner strugling to identify Celtic players now.

I despise that man, constantly shouting over other folk to tell us about how Brown has been subbed off

10 hours ago, ShugtheBuddie said:

Was a few new guys on today holt Rae and I think burchill? Was a bit of a shit show couldn't tell who was talking and who had scored at times.

Some new guy at QoS too, Bruce someone 

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

Some new guy at QoS too, Bruce someone 

Bruce McKenzie, does stuff on the local news bulletins for Dumfries and Galloway and I think he does other stuff at the BBC too.

On 6 November 2016 at 02:22, ShugtheBuddie said:

Was a few new guys on today holt Rae and I think burchill? Was a bit of a shit show couldn't tell who was talking and who had scored at times.

I listened to Rae's post-match report from Dens and he made Derek Ferguson sound eloquent. 

Did he not used to work for Radio Clyde before St Mirren came calling? He should go back there - it's about his level.

• 2 weeks later...

Some comical wagon circling around Strachan last night. Noted managerial success Barry Ferguson reckons we played well on Friday and were unlucky and that Strachan is getting the most out of the players. He topped this pish off by claiming that there was no one else out there who could do better. Chic Young said Strachan deserves more time. The other guest, the journalist who's name I forget, did make some points against Strachan and the presenter seemed to be pretty 'anti-Strachan', but overall it was complete nonsense from a gaggle of w**k pheasants. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Some comical wagon circling around Strachan last night. Noted managerial success Barry Ferguson reckons we played well on Friday and were unlucky and that Strachan is getting the most out of the players. He topped this pish off by claiming that there was no one else out there who could do better. Chic Young said Strachan deserves more time. The other guest, the journalist who's name I forget, did make some points against Strachan and the presenter seemed to be pretty 'anti-Strachan', but overall it was complete nonsense from a gaggle of w**k pheasants. 

I actually didn't mind listening to Ferguson(didn't get to listen to it all) as he tended to contradict some of those opinions with his real ones when they kept talking about it, it will probably be knocked out of him tout suite as he endeavours to turn a regular coin out of it though.

Edited by ayrmad

It's a complete waste of time asking anyone still involved in Scottish football if they think Strachan should go. You'll hear the same mealy-mouthed cliches every time.

"who could do a better job?"

"you can only work with what you've got"

"he still has the support of the players".

Thank god for the likes of Tom English, Tam McManus and the fine people of P&B.

I've stopped listening

Also I'm not buying this Tam McManus at all, was a massive fan of the B team idea and yesterday suggested playing Kingsley and Patterson as our starting centre halves. When someone called him out on it he said 'well we haven't tried it what've we got to lose' or something along those lines. Constantly speaks shite IMO.

You can tell just by listening that most of the pundits on Sportsound would be jakeballs that if they hadn't made it as footballers*

*in the loosest sense of the word

You could argue that most of them are complete jakeballs regardless.

Last night Chick Young said Callum Paterson would have scored the header Grant Hanley missed against England.

What does that have to do with anything? Putting aside the fact that any player can miss a header, and the fact that Paterson is technically nowhere near good enough for international football, they play different positions so Hanley isn’t even keeping Paterson out of the team anyway.

Edited by Jaggy Snake