Sportsound Watch

15 minutes ago, andrewh said:

I don’t know how many times I’ve tried to use BBC sounds to listen to BBC Radio Scotland MW. I gave up on it but I guess that’s where BBC would point you. I could only ever get FM shows. Some informed person on here will help I’m sure. As for Daly and Stewart it was good to hear because too often our football media is too polite to say what they think and everyone agrees. Stewart must be practising for talksport or similar.

Aye, their app can be a bit pish when they switch frequencies.

Its a bit ridic when the car DAB radio offers both the FM and MW feed.

If you are listening on Sonos, Radioplayer will offer the FM and MW variations too.

That utter clown Michael Stewart mocking Kenny Clark as he misspoke a word like a fucking infant in the playground was the truly embarrassing. He got himself into such a mess as he doesn’t know the processes involved in appeals he took to mimicking someone far more intelligent than he - despite what he wants you to think. You have to listen to the podcast to believe it.

Fair play to Kenny Clark for not going right through the arrogant, ignorant and rude bell.

Someone need to call him out on his shit though. A complete weirdo of the highest order. No surprise he was banging on about Levein agaIn. 

Throwing Beaton under a bus a year later doesn't make it right.
This poor mans disciplinary system isn't helping anyone.
Giving the ref a cop out whether he see it or not in the search for consistency isn't fit for purpose.
The fact that accidents can be flagged by the opponent isn't fit for purpose.  

On 07/01/2020 at 09:34, Peters Wyngarde said:

On the way home from Tinto on Saturday heard them waffle on for about 30 seconds around what league Brechin would go to if relegated from the SPFL. It took Jim Spence to come in and give the correct answer, let than sink in -

JIM SPENCE

Pretty damning that the flagship show of the national broadcaster doesn't know the actual structure of Scottish football.

Probably for the best Jim Spence doesn't get involved in relegation from SPFL League Two chat after making a c**t of himself last season during the Berwick v Cove game and having to block everyone who was laughing at him. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Probably for the best Jim Spence doesn't get involved in relegation from SPFL League Two chat after making a c**t of himself last season during the Berwick v Cove game and having to block everyone who was laughing at him. 

What's this?

Just now, Muzza81 said:

What's this?

He remarked that it would be great if Cove got promoted so Aberdeen would have a second senior team. He was corrected by a few who pointed out Cove were already a senior team, sulked that we knew what he meant, and threw the toys out of the pram when folk told him his initial post was wrong before blocking folk who were correcting him. 

56 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

He remarked that it would be great if Cove got promoted so Aberdeen would have a second senior team. He was corrected by a few who pointed out Cove were already a senior team, sulked that we knew what he meant, and threw the toys out of the pram when folk told him his initial post was wrong before blocking folk who were correcting him. 

The other day he said Labour had never had a Catholic leader.

When people started to point out Tony Blair is a Roman Catholic he moved the goalposts with "that was New Labour" and "he converted".

4 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

That utter clown Michael Stewart mocking Kenny Clark as he misspoke a word like a fucking infant in the playground was the truly embarrassing. He got himself into such a mess as he doesn’t know the processes involved in appeals he took to mimicking someone far more intelligent than he - despite what he wants you to think. You have to listen to the podcast to believe it.

Fair play to Kenny Clark for not going right through the arrogant, ignorant and rude bell.

Someone need to call him out on his shit though. A complete weirdo of the highest order. No surprise he was banging on about Levein agaIn. 

Far be it for me to defend Michael Stewart, but it was actually Daryl Broadfoot who stumbled. Another sanctimonious blowhard.

3 hours ago, mozam76 said:

Far be it for me to defend Michael Stewart, but it was actually Daryl Broadfoot who stumbled. Another sanctimonious blowhard.

Why is Daryl Broadfoot invited on Sportsound? He's not a journalist any more, he's in PR and has been for some time.  Jim Traynor has just as much right to be on as him.

47 minutes ago, Stu said:

Why is Daryl Broadfoot invited on Sportsound? He's not a journalist any more, he's in PR and has been for some time.  Jim Traynor has just as much right to be on as him.

Think he's just there to play Devils advocate for Stewart. Literally every episode they're on together is just the two of them disagreeing on every single story that's brought up.

4 hours ago, mozam76 said:

Ah was it, apologies. Hard to tell as they all just talk over each other constantly! 

1 hour ago, Stu said:

He's on a retainer for the SFA so they send him on as a spokesperson whenever they need someone to defend them against something or other.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

He's on a retainer for the SFA so they send him on as a spokesperson whenever they need someone to defend them against something or other.

Spot on. He never ever deviates from the party line on anything, and his catchphrase is “the SFA are the member clubs”. His defence on everything is that clubs cannot disagree on anything because they voted for it as member clubs.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Is he genuinely or am I being whooshed? I know he used to be their head of comms but didn't realise he was still taking their cash.

54 minutes ago, Stu said:

Is he genuinely or am I being whooshed? I know he used to be their head of comms but didn't realise he was still taking their cash.

I'm led to believe that Frame PR, who he works for, do consultancy work for the SFA. As a result he gets wheeled out to defend the SFA or push their line on a regular basis, and many of the "source close to the SFA" sources come via him.

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I'm led to believe that Frame PR, who he works for, do consultancy work for the SFA. As a result he gets wheeled out to defend the SFA or push their line on a regular basis, and many of the "source close to the SFA" sources come via him.

Ah right, didn't know that. Even more ridiculous Sportsound keep allowing him on then.