Sportsound Watch

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I reckon the season will start in October. Few months late, shortened by whatever method they choose.

Social distancing rules will need to be relaxed at some point, and we can't wait until a vaccine is available.

I wonder how many conspiratorial concerns will arise if it takes longer than you suggest. 

On 02/05/2020 at 16:00, Pet Jeden said:

Of course the play offs can be done at the beginning of the next season. Only one team will go up or stay up. The other 3 might end up with a squad that’s maybe not ideal for their eventual league. So what? Other anomalies don’t seem to worry you. Falkirk are being denied auto promotion by one point. Partick are being “relegated” with a game in hand. Brora/Kelty/Bonnyrigg are being denied a chance in the SPFL. You’re expecting Hearts to play a semi with a Championship squad. There’s lots of proposed injustices, why should less than perfect play-offs uniquely be sheltered?

Bonnyrigg aren't, Kelty have been declared Lowland league champions.

So that's two teams called Hearts being shafted.

22 hours ago, The DA said:

The SPFL Board have the powers to decide that now - no need for a vote.

The SPFL Board always had the power to call the leagues, but it obviously made sense to put it to the clubs instead.

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Can't wait to see all the heads gone when the colts and juniors are part of the pyramid system.

Colts definitely won’t, and there’s are very few, if any, junior teams left.

On 03/05/2020 at 16:29, wastecoatwilly said:

You can't relegate teams with the financial burden that goes with it.
Reconstruction is the only option. 

Or calling the season null and void. Beginning to like the sound of that.

I can see them calling the league then arguing for another 2 months about reconstruction because as it is I'm not sure there are the numbers to support it.

29 minutes ago, Ric said:

I can see them calling the league then arguing for another 2 months about reconstruction because as it is I'm not sure there are the numbers to support it.

So once it's called what would be the point of arguing for 2 minutes, far less 2 months.

In general there's no will for reconstruction within the Premiership clubs other than those with a short-term, self-interest agenda.

28 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So once it's called what would be the point of arguing for 2 minutes, far less 2 months.

You say that like this isn't Scottish football we're talking about.

13 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Why would Juniors joining cause any issues?

The problem with guys like you is you have "NO BALL GAMES" printed on your forehead.
It doesn't matter were kids like Kieran Tierney,Billy Gilmour or Andy Robertson end up playing.
The colt teams are just a bunch of kids wanting to play football just like the juniors.

28 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The colt teams are just a bunch of kids wanting to play football just like the juniors.

No they're not: they're the reserves of the largest professional clubs in the country who want to hoover up as much potential talent as they can get to maintain their own dominant position. If the poor wee kids want to play competitive professional football then they can either i) break into their club's first team ii) join another club on loan or iii) join another club permanently instead of swanning around the place with a pathetic brag about being the 10th pick left back at Celtic. The rest of Scottish professional football does not exist to mitigate their bad career choice nor provide players for a dung and irrelevant national team.