Sportsound Watch

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

irony-irony-everywhere.jpg

You love these irony comments. It's like it's all you have when you've been outed as speaking shite, or in this case, defending someone with the same belief as you speaking shite.

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

You love these irony comments. It's like it's all you have when you've been outed as speaking shite, or in this case, defending someone with the same belief as you speaking shite.

4f6189558ca7339614277d12daf6f148.jpg

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Tom English, with some justification given he is actually a decent journalist and writer, seems to think he is a bit above all the pettiness, parochialism and general crazy behaviour  in Scottish football.

Unfortunately he seems to think he needs to uncover some sort of Watergate style scandal to justify why a man of his talents would be wasting their time around the game in Scotland. 

He is a very good writer on rugby, golf, cycling and boxing. Basically on stuff he likes and isn't paid to take an interest in.

He's a good example of that old phrase about 'Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience' - or whatever the exact wording is! It is impossible to have a reasoned debate on issues in Scottish football.

That's not to excuse him, I have no idea why he is keen to get so heavily involved in such a non issue and he is making a complete tit of himself in the process, he was firmly put in his place by Doncaster earlier. As you say, he wants to think he is better than this, but he is increasingly lowering himself to this level and showing that he isn't.

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

@bennettAs a fan of "the club holding the smoking gun", what do you think will actually happen next week?

Genuine question.

Wasn't the "smoking gun" faked by a celtic fan with a laser printer?

Tbh I think we're on a hiding to nothing, I can't see us getting the support we need no matter what we have. 

Most would regard Tom English as being a well educated person but his finance loan/advance shite shows up that he is either completely ignorant or being deliberately ignorant in order to run a conspiracy theory.  Horrifying Sportsound, took a deserved kicking.

9 minutes ago, bennett said:

Wasn't the "smoking gun" faked by a celtic fan with a laser printer?

Tbh I think we're on a hiding to nothing, I can't see us getting the support we need no matter what we have. 

I dunno, I would absolutely love it if you lot had some revelation that brought about the downfall of Doncaster and forced the clubs in Scotland to consider real change on all aspects of the game.  I'm firmly expecting your club to thoroughly embarrass themselves though otherwise they'd have disclosed these revelations.

If it transpires that your club have made a c**t of things, you should have the book thrown at you.

With a litany of c***s on offer, just who am I meant to root for?

The only people who have come out of this without looking like utter shitehawks are those who have said nothing.

4 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

I dunno, I would absolutely love it if you lot had some revelation that brought about the downfall of Doncaster and forced the clubs in Scotland to consider real change on all aspects of the game.  I'm firmly expecting your club to thoroughly embarrass themselves though otherwise they'd have disclosed these revelations.

If it transpires that your club have made a c**t of things, you should have the book thrown at you.

Without knowing what the complaint is, it's kind of hard to speculate. I still can't see us getting anywhere with it.

Surely all member clubs should have a the right to bring complaints without fear of sanctions  (as you suggest).

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

You could tell Englishs arse had collapsed today when he trotted out the "successful businesswoman" line about Budge. 

Used to excuse every chancer to grace out game

Anne Budge really has fallen out of favour with Scottish fans, it wasn't that long ago she was being hailed as a role model for our game.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

With a litany of c***s on offer, just who am I meant to root for?

The only people who have come out of this without looking like utter shitehawks are those who have said nothing.

Me.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Without knowing what the complaint is, it's kind of hard to speculate. I still can't see us getting anywhere with it.

Surely all member clubs should have a the right to bring complaints without fear of sanctions  (as you suggest).

There's a difference between making a complaint and demanding the suspension of the head figure of Scottish football and saying you have evidence that requires an internal investigation but won't release it till he's suspended. Then they backtracked slightly and said they'll release it next week.

I would absolutely fucking love it if the SPFL called Rangers bluff and punished them for this.

Theyve clearly thought they're too big to be punished, so can just spout absolute pish to distract their fans from, yet another, trophyless season and, yet another, season where they absolutely bottled it..

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I would absolutely fucking love it if the SPFL called Rangers bluff and punished them for this.

Theyve clearly thought they're too big to be punished, so can just spout absolute pish to distract their fans from, yet another, trophyless season and, yet another, season where they absolutely bottled it..

Punished for following the rules?

This'll be interesting...

16 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

There's a difference between making a complaint and demanding the suspension of the head figure of Scottish football and saying you have evidence that requires an internal investigation but won't release it till he's suspended. Then they backtracked slightly and said they'll release it next week.

You've been reading a celticminded blog again, haven't you.....

Explains so much, please donate dear readers...

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

You've been reading a celticminded blog again, haven't you.....

Explains so much, please donate dear readers...

Wow.

I must be reading Celtic paraphernalia to have a view that believes Rangers should be punished for spouting shite. Jeezo.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

BECAUSE THEY NEEDED THE SEASON TO END TO MAKE THE FINAL PAYMENTS.  No they didn’t

THEY HAD PAID EVERY CLUB THE MINIMUM AMOUNT, AND COULDNT PAY THE REST FOR ALL 42 CLUBS UNTIL FINAL POSITIONS HAD BEEN CONFIRMED BY THE SEASON BEING CALLED AS OVER. Yes they could if the clubs agreed. And they could have held back 10% to cover reconciliations/club failure, not £9m of the £25m

THEY COULDNT PAY CLUBS THE AMOUNT OF THEIR CURRENT POSITION AND THEN TAKE THE MONEY BACK IF POSITIONS CHANGED IF THE SEASON HAD CONTINUED AND POSITIONS CHANGED. See above

Not sure if you genuinely believe Doncaster/McLennan or just being obtuse

9 hours ago, Sportslawyer1 said:

Ahh the poor fella,just after Tommie walked in total depression are we?? The Logic is certain supporters from certain clubs don’t understand reality  Scottish football is full of clowns of the pitch most of them club executives and directors that can’t understand good deals  and decent journalism when they get it. O sorry !!!!!!!  

Clowns of the Pitch would make a decent name for a band.