Sportsound Watch

7 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Again, name one club that has a supporter of their arch rival summarising their games on sportsound?  Just one. 

United regularly get Willie Miller covering our matches. He doesn’t like us at all and it shows. 

19 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

United regularly get Willie Miller covering our matches. He doesn’t like us at all and it shows. 

I'm sure your main rivals are Dundee tbf.  Willie Millers a whoops sevco supporter that played for Aberdeen. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

23 hours ago, craigkillie said:

A bit like all the Aberdeen fans I've seen who seem outraged that BBC pundits might be keen to see Darvel last season and then Clyde last night get a result. So does everybody, that's how it works.

Substitute “amused” for “outraged” and you’re on to something.

18 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I'm sure your main rivals are Dundee tbf.  Willie Millers a whoops sevco supporter that played for Aberdeen. 

You actually edited that post to that?

47 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Dundee are our main rivals, but I’d suggest we might be Aberdeens. It’s us or Rangers surely? 

Chick Young today stating that Calum Davidson and Scott Brown are both very activated on their respective benches. 

I know plenty old guys who sound half daft and cannae use their words, but none of them have positions on national radio. Absolute nonsense that he still pollutes the airwaves. 

Liam McLeod earlier during St Mirren v Rangers "match of the day is at Tynecastle, Hearts against Aberdeen."

Kenny Mac after the Rangers game "commentary on Sportsound today from Celtic Park, Celtic v Ross County."

Even Liam McLeod sees the nonsense way that Sportsound only covers Old Firm commentaries on Saturdays. Abject stuff when I consider the Wiggles for my daughter superior to Sportsound 

6 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

"It's some league now with Duncan Ferguson and Scott Brown" - Tom English.

He also couldn't wait to have a South Ireland managerial discussion with Bonner followed by Kenny Mac becoming all tabloid hot under the collar about "Lenny".

It's Radio Scotland not RTE, get on with talking about the games on in Scottish football and not personalities like "Lenny", "Big Dunc" and "Broony".

Let's not forget their chat about Michael Beale. Yes, this is instead of going to reporters who are covering Scottish games or having anyone with any knowledge of football outwith The Premiership (wee Derek has some championship knowledge). Other than that they would rather give us Billy Dodds and his musical thoughts 🙈

Michael Stewart is painful to listen to, drags the whole show down (from a pretty low starting point) when he manufactures an argument. 

1 hour ago, Smithers Jones said:

Let's not forget their chat about Michael Beale. Yes, this is instead of going to reporters who are covering Scottish games or having anyone with any knowledge of football outwith The Premiership (wee Derek has some championship knowledge). Other than that they would rather give us Billy Dodds and his musical thoughts 🙈

McCall was excellent on it last week, would be a great addition if he packs it in at Clyde. 

53 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Michael Stewart is painful to listen to, drags the whole show down (from a pretty low starting point) when he manufactures an argument. 

McCall was excellent on it last week, would be a great addition if he packs it in at Clyde. 

I thought Leanne Crichton gave it good back at him- the handball law is silly but there's no point in arguing with the ref as he won't change his mind and the law is the law as it stands. Which had Old Uncle Wullie (of all people!) agreeing with her. 

Someone once pointed out that the tragedy of Michael Stewart is that he was once on Man United's books and thinks he's better than he was. 

1 hour ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Was funny last week when they spoke about raith. Macintyre and English were talking about ‘going off the rails’ and just spewing sensationalist language without saying anything. 

McCall then started talking about scott brown in midfield for them, why he’s so important to them tactically and why it’s affected their form. 

macintyre - “uh, uh ok let’s move on”