Sportsound Watch

Just heard a section there on the news. 
Very strange behaviour from an adult, a screamy whiny meltdown. 
The  cleaner will have  a busy time this morning cleaning up all the monster munch thrown all over the studio in a hissy fit. 

Amusing image in my head of a cleaner walking into a studio this morning with smashed monster munch everywhere and thinking "fucking Kris Boyd meltdown again eh!)

Made for great Radio last night.

I totally agree with Boydie.

Utterly farcical, the inclusion of Aberdeen  players because the Match is at Pittodrie,

The players should have played at previous Games if good enough.

Next Scotland Match at Hampden, let's pick a few Queens Park players.

Utterly farcical, the inclusion of Aberdeen  players because the Match is at Pittodrie,

I assume you’re being facetious with the Queen’s Park comparison so I won’t bite.

Everyone entitled to their opinion on dons players, they aren’t automatic picks by any means.

However, given were off the back of another failed qualifying campaign, there’s no competitive game for a year, what harm is there in giving a chance to some of those fringe players people think should get a chance? If they’re shit then they won’t be included again until they prove their worth.

FWIW I think they’d have been included if the game was at Easter road, tynecastle etc

32 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I assume you’re being facetious with the Queen’s Park comparison so I won’t bite.

Everyone entitled to their opinion on dons players, they aren’t automatic picks by any means.

However, given were off the back of another failed qualifying campaign, there’s no competitive game for a year, what harm is there in giving a chance to some of those fringe players people think should get a chance? If they’re shit then they won’t be included again until they prove their worth.

FWIW I think they’d have been included if the game was at Easter road, tynecastle etc

;)

1 hour ago, H Wragg said:

Boyd trying far, far too hard to be the bluenose version of Chris Sutton these days.

Jonathon Liew has a good article out a couple of days ago going on about a trend that's started for pundits to have the strongest, most reactive opinion about the smallest things, milking the absolute teet when it comes to any opinions about themself just to stay relevant. Kris Boyd is absolutely that these days and I've dropped Sportsound entirely* so that I don't have to listen to such shite.

*I just like to read about how shit it is now and guffaw at my decision

Edited by the jambo-rocker

There is a genuine debate to be had as regards the inclusion of the Aberdeen players but not a shouty deranged one. Stewart was at pains to point out that Shinnie and Christie deserved to be in the squad not necessarily the starting 11 but Boyd started shouting?

Shinnie should have been in at left back when he was at Inverness but since then Tierney is absolutely top man. Shinnie has however excelled in midfield. His energy and commitment makes him worth a try off the bench IMO. Good sub to have. Christie has been outstanding. Don't think McClean has been at his best for a while though.

I also think it's perhaps a good thing players playing in Scotland are getting a chance.

The most bemusing thing is Radio Scotland had Boyd's opinion as a sports headline today??? Why? An opinion from a bitter, not very bright studio guest is a headline? Now that is poor, lazy sports journalism.

1 hour ago, shull said:

^^^Kenny MacIntyre found

I listened to Boyd last night and found his comments about Kilmarnock interesting, although his grammar is awful.   Stewart and English had to backtrack a bit on previous comments they made. 

On the on the inclusion of the Aberdeen players in the Scotland squad I agreed with his opinions during the "discussion" , however the way he reacted and put forward his case was embarrassing, and will most likely fire up the Aberdeen players when we play them later this month.  If I was Shinnie or Christie I would be looking forward to this game.    I wonder whether he thinks Ryan Jack merits his place in the squad, and whether he thinks he should be in the team?

I wish Kilmarnock would ban him from all his media duties as all he does is rile others and generally make an arse of himself. 

Pat Bonner. Bloody hell.

Probably worse than Chic. He lauds Celts and knows nothing...and I mean literally nothing about any other team. At least the other ex-OF players of which it’s almost all of them, make a little effort to discuss and have some smarts about the rest of league.

Bonner is so bad I fast forward through the podcast when he’s on his soap box. Utterly useless even in his analysis of Celtic.

29 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

I listened to Boyd last night and found his comments about Kilmarnock interesting, although his grammar is awful.   Stewart and English had to backtrack a bit on previous comments they made. 

On the on the inclusion of the Aberdeen players in the Scotland squad I agreed with his opinions during the "discussion" , however the way he reacted and put forward his case was embarrassing, and will most likely fire up the Aberdeen players when we play them later this month.  If I was Shinnie or Christie I would be looking forward to this game.    I wonder whether he thinks Ryan Jack merits his place in the squad, and whether he thinks he should be in the team?

I wish Kilmarnock would ban him from all his media duties as all he does is rile others and generally make an arse of himself. 

He doesn't. Quote about Jack: "He's had more red cards than good games for Rangers this season".

1 hour ago, jim999 said:

There is a genuine debate to be had as regards the inclusion of the Aberdeen players but not a shouty deranged one. Stewart was at pains to point out that Shinnie and Christie deserved to be in the squad not necessarily the starting 11 but Boyd started shouting?

Shinnie should have been in at left back when he was at Inverness but since then Tierney is absolutely top man. Shinnie has however excelled in midfield. His energy and commitment makes him worth a try off the bench IMO. Good sub to have. Christie has been outstanding. Don't think McClean has been at his best for a while though.

I also think it's perhaps a good thing players playing in Scotland are getting a chance.

The most bemusing thing is Radio Scotland had Boyd's opinion as a sports headline today??? Why? An opinion from a bitter, not very bright studio guest is a headline? Now that is poor, lazy sports journalism.

The increasing trend by media outlets to market their own pundits' or columnists' opinions as news really annoys me. There's a journalist I follow on Twitter whose opinion columns are usually described as "exclusives" by the outlet that employs him to write them.  Almost as bad as club website "exclusive" interviews with their own players.

2 hours ago, jim999 said:

I don't think there's a lot wrong with what Boyd says, if you take the squad on face value.   If Malky Mackay genuinely thinks Shinnie and McLean are better than, say, Ritchie and Morrison, then we're really in serious trouble and Mackay is in real danger of doing serious damage to our national team.  But, of course, he doesn't.

It's clearly be named to a) minimise the disruption on English clubs (for whatever reason) and b) placate Aberdeen fans and c) Make Mackay look like he's on side with the "No English accents" element of the Tartan Army.  

I presume somebody pointed this out to the overweight Kilmarnock striker.

re: the "lazy journalism" point:

Sorry, but a recent Scotland player (and a pretty well-known one at that) saying that certain players shouldn't be picked is newsworthy.

Are you trying to say that if Wayne Rooney said this or that player shouldn't be in the England squad, that wouldn't make headlines?

Edited by JamesM82