Sportsound Watch

That clip is brilliant, how anyone who thinks the only game worth watching and advertising is the 'old firm' game can ever open their mouth and pass comment on Scottish football is beyond me. A BBC producer should of marched into the studio once Alex Rae started speaking and kicked him out, what is he thinking.

12 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Can’t believe people actually care about their accents or them being articulate. Bores.

Accents fine and I agree  - but surely a bare minimum for being on the radio is being vaguely articulate. You can have all the knowledge in the world but if you can't communicate them, you shouldn't be there...

Accents fine and I agree  - but surely a bare minimum for being on the radio is being vaguely articulate. You can have all the knowledge in the world but if you can't communicate them, you shouldn't be there...

But they’re communicating to their audience, Scottish football fans, if people are genuinely saying they’re struggling to understand their points then I don’t believe them tbh.

It might be a bit annoying depending on accents/terms you do and don’t like but I’d imagine if any of us were on the radio and we were being listened to all over the country there’d probably be a few phrases/terms/words we said that would annoy somebody out there.

ETA: Graham Spiers is probably the most articulate, and he’s easily the one that annoys me the most.

16 hours ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

They've given a fair amount of coverage to the likes of Dundee Utd, Falkirk, ST Mirren whenever there have been managerial changes and so on ,not as much as Sevco but the reality is there are more OF fans out there than any other so they will always have more coverage than the rest, never been any different and most likely will never change. I imagine there's a similar media interest in most countries where a couple of teams are much bigger than the rest even when one is quite shite. Personally I accepted it years ago and when the likes of Jabba and Chico were slabbering their Murray cheerleading on the airwaves it was much worse than it is now.

They do nothing of the sort. They mention them a bit more than normal (with 'normal' being never or rarely).

Celtic and Sevco might have more fans than everyone else, but the coverage they get is way out of proportion to that. 

5Live did (still do?) a show on the lower leagues. How hard would it be for Sportsound to produce a single show each week, say 30-40 minutes, that concentrated on the lower leagues? The reality sadly is that every feature is about Celtic and Sevco. The recent idea of the '3 games' (first, best and worst) feature was decent in principle, but the vast majority of them were Celtic and Rangers/Sevco fans. 

The BBC are taxpayer funded, and so why should the fans of the lower league teams, who pay for Sportsound, not get any coverage? As pointed out, they're supposed to provide fair and neutral coverage. They have failed in that regard since the show began.

They've spent most of this week pretty much trying to wedge Derek McInnes in to the Sevco job. They are massively pro Sevco and pro Celtic, to the utter detriment of the rest. Frankly if they could, they wouldn't even mention any other team, other than when they're relevant to Sevco or Celtic.

39 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Got round to listening to English v Rae, it had me raging that they continue to have utter buffoon's like Rae spouting complete nonsense. It's as bad as anything Scotsport came out with at it's worst.

Buffoon's what?

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

They do nothing of the sort. They mention them a bit more than normal (with 'normal' being never or rarely).

Celtic and Sevco might have more fans than everyone else, but the coverage they get is way out of proportion to that. 

5Live did (still do?) a show on the lower leagues. How hard would it be for Sportsound to produce a single show each week, say 30-40 minutes, that concentrated on the lower leagues? The reality sadly is that every feature is about Celtic and Sevco. The recent idea of the '3 games' (first, best and worst) feature was decent in principle, but the vast majority of them were Celtic and Rangers/Sevco fans. 

The BBC are taxpayer funded, and so why should the fans of the lower league teams, who pay for Sportsound, not get any coverage? As pointed out, they're supposed to provide fair and neutral coverage. They have failed in that regard since the show began.

They've spent most of this week pretty much trying to wedge Derek McInnes in to the Sevco job. They are massively pro Sevco and pro Celtic, to the utter detriment of the rest. Frankly if they could, they wouldn't even mention any other team, other than when they're relevant to Sevco or Celtic.

Buffoon's what?

Yer maw.

20 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Kept saying "Fitball".

Quite a lot of people in Scotland would actually use 'fitbaw' or something similar in conversation: it's fairly straightforward Scots' vernacular being used on a Scottish radio station. 

Doric can get to f**k though. 

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Indeed, my point was that Rae, in his attempt to sound more intelligent was "pitting oan a poash accent" or at best trying to enunciate his bullshit however he kept slipping back when saying "football".

Fitbaw, fitba, football is fine.

Fitball or footy can GTFOOH, though.

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Last night's podcast is all about the Morton project in Greenock,in fairness they do report on lower league clubs doing this kind of stuff.

Not disagreeing that a segment of the show should be about lower league  but the reality is that the rangers job is one of the biggest talking points in Scottish football right now ,of course they will discuss it at legnth ,same as Celtics champions league match.

41 minutes ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Last night's podcast is all about the Morton project in Greenock,in fairness they do report on lower league clubs doing this kind of stuff.

Not disagreeing that a segment of the show should be about lower league  but the reality is that the rangers job is one of the biggest talking points in Scottish football right now ,of course they will discuss it at legnth ,same as Celtics champions league match.

Do they? What other reports have they done on that sort of stuff?

They discuss the Sevco manager job at length on every single program. That's not being balanced or fair. And are you suggesting that they should just bump every other item for such a story, despite having loads of shows to talk about it? They bumped a feature on Dundee the other night because they 'ran out of time' talking about Celtic and Sevco.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Do they? What other reports have they done on that sort of stuff?

They discuss the Sevco manager job at length on every single program. That's not being balanced or fair. And are you suggesting that they should just bump every other item for such a story, despite having loads of shows to talk about it? They bumped a feature on Dundee the other night because they 'ran out of time' talking about Celtic and Sevco.

They've had programmes from training academies affiliated to clubs across Scotland,it's usually Kenny McLean does them .

No of course they shouldn't only talk about  Celtic and Rangers but my point is although they get the majority of coverage other teams are discussed, atmitidly I rarely listen to the full programme just the podcast .

7 minutes ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

They've had programmes from training academies affiliated to clubs across Scotland,it's usually Kenny McLean does them .

No of course they shouldn't only talk about  Celtic and Rangers but my point is although they get the majority of coverage other teams are discussed, atmitidly I rarely listen to the full programme just the podcast .

Sorry that is Kenny McIntyre....predictive text and all that..

5 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

MacIntyre touting Barry Ferguson for a coaching role under McInnes at Ibrox was excruciating to listen to.

Tam McManus constantly rips the pish out of McIntyre on twitter for his love of wee Baz.

18 hours ago, bennett said:

It's his name, no idea why you're getting worked up about it.

Ah, but is it? Are you certain? You appear to be the only person that I’ve found that calls him Thomas, which is obviously meant to be a clever putdown. Tom is used as a full name in loads of cases, like Tom and Jerry.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Ah, but is it? Are you certain? You appear to be the only person that I’ve found that calls him Thomas, which is obviously meant to be a clever putdown. Tom is used as a full name in loads of cases, like Tom and Jerry.

I agree, when I was younger non-family members calling me by my proper name was taken as a put down as everyone called me by my nickname, today I couldn't care less but it wasn't appreciated then.