Sportsound Watch

Mewling pish from Scott Gardiner that basically amounts to 'but but but look what England get to do!'.

The route of attack is now that the measures are over the top, whilst still pushing for more fans.

Amusingly Inverness aren't even getting 300 fans at their games.

Chick Young just said that Robbie Neilson is on close to a quarter of a million a year!

Surely not?! That's absolute insanity and Hearts fans should be furious if it's true.

Also Morton's pish budget isn't why they have one keeper. Hopkin not using said budget to sign another is the reason. 

I'm absolutely not downplaying the severity of what's going on at Morton, but it's simply not true to say, as Chick Young did several times there, that we don't have a second choice goalkeeper because we can't afford one. It's not like we're running with a squad of 14 or something, we have 22 first team players.

We don't have a second choice goalkeeper because David Hopkin decided to sign 10 forwards instead; if he wanted to sign a second choice goalkeeper he could have simply signed one fewer identikit sand dancing number 10.

13 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'm absolutely not downplaying the severity of what's going on at Morton, but it's simply not true to say, as Chick Young did several times there, that we don't have a second choice goalkeeper because we can't afford one. It's not like we're running with a squad of 14 or something, we have 22 first team players.

We don't have a second choice goalkeeper because David Hopkin decided to sign 10 forwards instead; if he wanted to sign a second choice goalkeeper he could have simply signed one fewer identikit sand dancing number 10.

Or even get one on loan, although I suspect the plan is exactly that should another keeper be needed.

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Chick Young just said that Robbie Neilson is on close to a quarter of a million a year!

Surely not?! That's absolute insanity and Hearts fans should be furious if it's true.

Also Morton's pish budget isn't why they have one keeper. Hopkin not using said budget to sign another is the reason. 

The one mitigation you can make is that there simply weren't any obviously available goalkeepers in the lower Championship downward bracket. We've been extremely fortunate just to get a decent one in McAdams but the market was shocking over the close season in that position. 

Unfortunately there was a glut in the useless sand-dancer bracket and so he followed supply and demand in building that part of the squad as well.

Been listening to the last 15 or so minutes of the "Build up to League Cup quarters" and all they've done is talk about Celtic and Rangers.

Rangers aren't playing tonight and Celtic are out. I think they were talking about Aberdeen before I started listening, who are also out.

Edited by LiviLion

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Been listening to the last 15 or so minutes of the "Build up to League Cup quarters" and all they've done is talk about Celtic and Rangers.

Rangers aren't playing tonight and Celtic are out. I think they were talking about Aberdeen before I started listening, who are also out.

They do this every fkin evening without fail. 

No exaggeration to say that Aberdeen could be in the Champions League final and the programme would talk about Lennon position and how well Rangers are doing under Gerrard. 

I listen to the podcast the following day walking the dog hoping to hear that Motherwell exist and are part of the top flight.  Over the past 3 weeks they have hardly had a mention. Same with every other club. Get the odd token minute thrown in but you sense the eagerness to get back to the Old Firm. Not BBC Scotland at all. BBC Old Firm Sportsound, I am all but giving up. 

I turned it on whilst making my dinner hoping for some pre match analysis. Heard as described above. Immediately turned off again.

I just turned the radio on, hoping for some post match analysis. They were discussing Sevco. Immediately turned it back off.

2 hours ago, welldaft said:

No exaggeration to say that Aberdeen could be in the Champions League final and the programme would talk about Lennon position and how well Rangers are doing under Gerrard. 

I listen to the podcast the following day walking the dog hoping to hear that Motherwell exist and are part of the top flight.  Over the past 3 weeks they have hardly had a mention. Same with every other club. Get the odd token minute thrown in but you sense the eagerness to get back to the Old Firm. Not BBC Scotland at all. BBC Old Firm Sportsound, I am all but giving up. 

They claim to cover Scottish football. They do nothing of the sort.

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I turned it on whilst making my dinner hoping for some pre match analysis. Heard as described above. Immediately turned off again.

I just turned the radio on, hoping for some post match analysis. They were discussing Sevco. Immediately turned it back off.

Whatever the opposite of staunch is, that's it ^

3 hours ago, welldaft said:

I listened to it pretty religiously over the summer, but it has become unbearable as the season has progressed. I’m sick of hearing about how “if you’re at Rangers or Celtic you just HAVE to win every week” and why that’s especially true “this season of ALL seasons”. A 50 minute show is always 20 minutes on Rangers, 20 on Celtic and then 10 on the rest of the diddies. How brilliant Rangers were if they win, how poor Celtic were if they don’t. The assumption that every football fan in Scotland is savouring every twist and turn in the title race, when in reality most of us really couldn’t give a f**k. 

23 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

James McFadden thinks we'd become a 2nd or 3rd rate league is Rangers & Celtic joined an Atlantic League.

Become?

Also the TV deal would be £0

He's from an era where he was brought up with it drilled into him that Celtic and Rangers are the be all and end all. 

He also said, whilst part of the Scotland set up, that the Nations League is a 'free hit' and Scotland should focus on qualifying the 'normal route'.  A way he and his peers continuously failed to qualify from for a decade whilst he was a Scotland player.

He's an idiot.