Sportsound Watch

55 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Half an hour plus of bleating about Aberdeen signing players who don't know what's required to play for a side like Aberdeen. As though they're completely different to any other club in the world. Not one mention of Goodwins tactics or style of play in the entire discussion.

Willie Miller is bad but the rest are no better. Spouting absolute pish about foreign players because they can't offer any actual analysis.

Was coming on her to post this, a particular highlight for me was: 

“Dave Cormack should get Willie Miller and another club legend to go in and tell these players what it means to play for Aberdeen” 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Willie Millar blaming the forrin's in the dressing room 😒

2 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Willie Miller with his casual brexity tory racism. A true spokesperson for Aberdeen.

Sometimes P&B gets it and following his disgraceful comments I really do feel we should hear no more of the out of time Willie Miller.

48 minutes ago, sophia said:

Sometimes P&B gets it and following his disgraceful comments I really do feel we should hear no more of the out of time Willie Miller.

This isn't as bad as the time last year when he criticised the way a player came on the pitch (walking calmly, not running), and described him as "walking on like a Rastafarian/Jamaican (I can't remember which)". I'll let you guess the skin colour of the player... 😒

8 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

This isn't as bad as the time last year when he criticised the way a player came on the pitch (walking calmly, not running), and described him as "walking on like a Rastafarian/Jamaican (I can't remember which)". I'll let you guess the skin colour of the player... 😒

I’m sure he came on to the pitch like a “reggae singer”.

3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Was coming on her to post this, a particular highlight for me was: 

“Dave Cormack should get Willie Miller and another club legend to go in and tell these players what it means to play for Aberdeen” 😂😂😂

Aye this pish is absolute nonsense. It's 2023. Players usually have short contracts. If they don't it's because they're a better player and they'll be signed by a bigger team anyway. Many foreign players won't even have heard of Aberdeen, or the vast majority of clubs in Scotland, but if they get the requisite cash then they'll do what is asked of them.

Most Scottish players these days either won't know that Aberdeen once were successful or will see it as irrelevant as Queens Park and Dumbarton being top teams of the past, unless they're local lads, but knowing about a team's history doesn't make you a better player.

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye this pish is absolute nonsense. It's 2023. Players usually have short contracts. If they don't it's because they're a better player and they'll be signed by a bigger team anyway. Many foreign players won't even have heard of Aberdeen, or the vast majority of clubs in Scotland, but if they get the requisite cash then they'll do what is asked of them.

Most Scottish players these days either won't know that Aberdeen once were successful or will see it as irrelevant as Queens Park and Dumbarton being top teams of the past, unless they're local lads, but knowing about a team's history doesn't make you a better player.

Aye 100%, I’m in my mid 20s and Aberdeens best spell in my lifetime was under Mcinnes, what they accomplished 10/20/30 years before I was born is irrelevant. Saying that a player needs to understand the club and the history is proper “yer da” patter. Couldn’t believe some of the pish the pundits were coming out with

8 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Aye 100%, I’m in my mid 20s and Aberdeens best spell in my lifetime was under Mcinnes, what they accomplished 10/20/30 years before I was born is irrelevant. Saying that a player needs to understand the club and the history is proper “yer da” patter. Couldn’t believe some of the pish the pundits were coming out with

Even if the history of Aberdeen was explained to them, why should any player give a f**k? Most will be there for a couple of years, but even for those there longer it's utterly irrelevant.

It was a totally different time where contract law was different and where money wasn't close to what it is now at the top levels, not to mention laws that made it more difficult to play in other countries outside the UK and scouting being nowhere near the level it is today, especially considering the technological differences.

Like I said, it's as relevant as Queens Park being a dominant team or Dumbarton winning the top league.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Even if the history of Aberdeen was explained to them, why should any player give a f**k?

Professional pride. These players should be embarrassed that they are part of one of the worst Aberdeen teams ever. In fact you could make a case that their recent run of form is the worst ever for a top flight club in Scotland.

If they don't give a f**k about that they should get the f**k out of the club.

Its the fault of the people who signed these imposters though and who thought they were actually good enough.

I have seen my team destroy Darvel this season and the fact that full time top flight players were so poor beggars belief

6 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Professional pride. These players should be embarrassed that they are part of one of the worst Aberdeen teams ever. In fact you could make a case that their recent run of form is the worst ever for a top flight club in Scotland.

Its the fault of the people who signed these imposters though and who thought they were actually good enough.

I have seen my team destroy Darvel this season and the fact that full time top flight players were so poor beggars belief

I'm sure the majority are embarrassed. Perhaps many simply aren't good enough, either in terms of ability or mentally, or perhaps both. 

It's also possible that their confidence has been shattered and, were it to be restored, they would be decent. We've surely all seen that happen often with many players.

11 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Is it the team though?  And why should someone gtf out of a club that's paying their salary?  Professional pride?  That'll help pay the bills.

Forfar have been struggling for a good while; this season looking like trap door candidates.

6 out of 7 wins with a different manager, still the same players but the manager clearly knows what he's doing.  Might be the same with Aberdeen.

9 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said: