Robin Williams R.I.P.

King Kebab

Robin Williams, the longtime comedian and actor, was found dead in his home, according to reports.

He was 63.

NBC Bay Area reported that Williams’ body was found on Monday. The Marin County Sheriff’s Office issued a statement about the matter, which can be seen below.

Marin County, Calif., investigators said that “at approximately 11:55 am, Marin County Communications received a 9-1-1 telephone call reporting a male adult had been located unconscious and not breathing inside his residence in unincorporated Tiburon, CA.”

Officials said his cause of death was “suicide due to asphyxia.”

“But a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made. A forensic examination is currently scheduled for August 12, 2014 with subsequent

toxicology testing to be conducted,” it says.

A forensic examination will be held on Tuesday along with toxicology testing.

Story is developing…

Marin County Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division — Investigation into Death of Actor Robin Williams pic.twitter.com/JdyKu9du3I

— BuzzFeed News (@BuzzFeedNews) August 11, 2014

There are few celebrities I actually give a toss about and when these RIP threads come up I usually steer clear but I have to admit that I've always liked Robin Williams. Easily one of my favourite actors and just a genuinely funny guy. It looks like he just couldn't overcome his depression in the end up. A sad loss to film. Mrs Doubtfire must surely go down as his finest hour, still has me in stitches even after countless viewings!

RIP

:( Oh no. Sad sad news. RIP Robin Williams. Absolutely loved his films. Especially Good morning vietnam, Good will hunting and Dead poets society.

My favourite film vote of him.

His charactor Adrian Cronauer to Lt Steven Hauk

You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history. :lol:

I want to get a feel for the mood of the nation before I commit myself here, but I'll likely go for one of the following:

I hear Bicentennial Man was rubbish, so probably a smart move all in all.

Or.

What sad news

:( Oh no. Sad sad news. RIP Robin Williams. Absolutely loved his films. Especially Good morning vietnam, Good will hunting and Dead poets society.

My favourite film vote of him.

His charactor Adrian Cronauer to Lt Steven Hauk

You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT? 'Cause if it leaks to the VC he could end up MIA, and then we'd all be put on KP

I don't know how they kept straight faces, the rest of the cast are in bits. Brilliant!

Mrs Doubtfire must surely go down as his finest hour, still has me in stitches even after countless viewings!

That would only be the case, if you hadn't actually seen any of his other films.

Good morning Vietnam, Good Will Hunting and Dead poets society are all amazing films.

That would only be the case, if you hadn't actually seen any of his other films.

Good morning Vietnam, Good Will Hunting and Dead poets society are all amazing films.

I've not seen the first in years. Good Will Hunting was good and I liked him in DPS. But for me Mrs Doubtfire is just an absolute timeless classic. I never get fed up of it. Maybe it's because comedy is my favourite genre of course, but I much preferred Mrs Doubtfire to the 3 mentioned.

Dead Poets Society is brilliant.

I don't normally buy all this public mourning patter but Williams was really a one-off. So full of life and able to bring a smile to countless faces. A genuine loss.

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT? 'Cause if it leaks to the VC he could end up MIA, and then we'd all be put on KP

I don't know how they kept straight faces, the rest of the cast are in bits. Brilliant!

:lol: Actual tears. Been off work today so have been watching Good Morning Vietnam.

Good Will Hunting is one of my all time favourite films. Great movie and a great performance from Robin Williams. Very sad news

Williams was immense in Good Will Hunting. When he talked about nursing his wife through cancer... genuine lump in my throat.

This scene as well..

Archived