Midweek flutter

geo87

• 2 weeks later...

OPTA FACTS

• Juventus and Monaco have met twice in Europe, in the Champions League 1997/98 semi-final: the Bianconeri have won at home (4-1) and lost away (2-3).

• Juventus have lost only one of their last six games against French opponents (W3, D2).

Juventus are unbeaten at home against French opponents: they have won 10 games (D2).

Monaco have played 11 games against Italian sides; the Red and White have won only three times (D2, L6).

Monaco have scored only two goals in six away games against Italian sides.

Juventus have played the Champions League quarter-final eight times: they have progressed five and they were eliminated in the last three (vs Liverpool, Arsenal and FC Bayern München).

Monaco have won only one of their four quarter-final games in Champions League (D2, L1), but they have always progressed to the semi-finals.

Monaco have scored only seven goals in the Champions League 2014/15: five fewer than Juventus, second to last amongst teams progressed to the quarter-final.

Monaco have fired 51 shots – excl. blocks - (21 on target), two negative records amongst teams qualified to the quarter-final.

Only Atlético de Madrid and FC Bayern München (six) have kept more clean sheets than Monaco (five) in the Champions League 2014/15.

The French side have conceded only four goals, joint record in this competition.

Monaco have won the most tackles (153) amongst teams in the quarter-final; Juventus have won only 95, fewer than any other team.

Danijel Subasic (24) and Gianluigi Buffon (20) are the two goalkeepers with the most saves amongst those still in the competition.

Carlos Tévez has scored six goals in the Champions League 2014/15 (eight games played): he scored six in his previous 33 Champions League appearances.

Going by the stats it should be a routine win for Juve. I've got a feeling Monaco might sneak something tonight, then again I'm in bad accy form :P . I fancy btts in the Madrid game, Atletico are a bit stingy at giving away goals but Real always have a goal in them.

OPTA FACTS
  • It will be the second Derby madrileño in the Champions League, after the last Champions League final (Real Madrid won 4-1 after the extra time).
  • Diego Pablo Simeone’s side have lost only one (after ET) of their last eight games against Real Madrid in all competitions (W4, D3).
  • Atlético de Madrid have scored one goal in each of their four European games against Real Madrid.
  • Real Madrid have played only a quarter final in Europe against Spanish sides: they have won 8-0 at home against Sevilla and drawn 2-2 away in 1957/58.
  • The Blancos have lost only one of their last seven games against a Spanish team in Europe (W4, D2).
  • Atlético have faced a Spanish side only one time in the CL quarter-final: Barcelona in the Champions League 2013/14 (1-1 away, 1-0 at home).
  • Atlético de Madrid are unbeaten at home against Spanish sides in Europe (W5, D1): they’ve kept four clean sheets.
  • Real Madrid have scored 21 goals over this Champions League – only FC Bayern München (23) have scored more.
  • On the other hand the Blancos have conceded six goals – only PSG conceded more (10) amongst teams still in the competition.
  • Atlético have conceded only four goals, joint-best record in this competition.
  • Real Madrid have fired 106 shots (excl. blocks) in this competition, only FC Bayern München have more (116).
  • Real Madrid have scored five headed goals, record in the CL 2014/15, but Atlético have not conceded.
  • Cristiano Ronaldo has played a hand in four of the last five Real Madrid goals in the Champions League (three goals, one assist).
  • Ronaldo have fired 23 shots on target, record in the Champions League 2014/15.
Edited by sergie's no1 fan

I won 58 quid off 32 pence tonight, I cashed out just before Wycombe lost an equaliser, they ended up scoring in the 102nd minute with a penalty so if I had left it I would of won £103, 10 team accumulator I put on after casing out 32p on my £2.50 bet on McIlroy to finish 2nd.

Buzzing, now this to follow it hopefully.

£128 up since Saturday now, the 27.72 is off of money I've won aswell 8)

post-14721-14290471020507_thumb.jpg

Score anytime on Law and Vuckic first Rangers goalscorer 8)

Done a -2 double on the ugly sisters and a pound on Killie to win 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1 @ 35/1

8)

Edited by jagfox(Pt)