Rangers v Scotlands Original Champions

Fairly disappointing comments from the Rangers supporters on here.

The Dumbarton support have had the pleasure of visiting most grounds in Scottish fitba over the last few seasons due to our continuing upward trajectory. We don't have any previous for making up stories about being pelted with missiles. Why would we start now?

Or could it be that the Rangers' P&Bers are simply wagon circling for scum?

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guys immediately to our right had on a variety of scarves with "folksy" slogans on them, numerous examples of which had "Orange Order" on them. There's undoubtedly stereotyping in my post, but this attitude of simply pretending that your fanbase doesn't have extensive problems with extreme views is not the way to deal with things and is akin to sticking your fingers in your ears and going "la la la".

My route back from home games takes me past Ibrox and on the odd occasion, Thistle and Rangers are both at home meaning I catch the last dregs leaving Ibrox. This weekend witnessed a fella wearing a hoody with" WATP FTP" printed on it. Stay classy Rangers fans, stay classy.

Personally I have no time for anybody bringing so-called "politics" into a football ground and using it as a taunt.

I really hope that comment is not with regards to the, aforementioned, 'Yes' badges.

I, and I assume many others, wear their badges all the time. This is the most important political decision this country will ever make, do you really expect people not to express their opinions, simply due to their location?

Should we have taken our badges off due to the huge amount of Rangers loyal supporters being unable to think for themselves and instead basing their politics on the position of the 'club'.

Ive got a 5p shaped bruise on my leg if thats evidence enough? The police did go in to the orange/blue order section. It was rather funny watching the wee guys cover their faces up with hoods and scarves like some kind of greek rioter!

Anyway I'd urge the sons fans to send a complaint via dfc and perhaps the spfl. Even just out of interest to see what reaction they get. Celtic park, pittodrie and love street are more welcoming when we've been through in recent times. No hostility at all. Why are the rangers so different? Is it upbringing, peer pressure, daddies not being there or what? I just dont get the mind frame.

So you spent the match studying the opposition fans with your super duper eyesight instead of watching your team getting pumped?

Must say I find this behaviour rather odd, I also suspect you are just making it up.

Why would we make this up? We honestly have enough ammunition to come on here and rip your club if we really wanted to. Not to mention the fact you've had a Rangers fan come on here and confirm they were acting like complete twats, is he making it up to?

And yet opposing fans can visit our ground without being subjected to this sort of 'treatment'.

Amazing, eh?

You should park your car in Tannahil then. The locals think all their xmases have come at once.

It amazes me that certain posters are prepared to belueve anything negative posted regarding Rangers.

I was there and every Dumbarton fan i saw was more than happy to walk up the road side by side with Rangers supporters. Many walking in mixed groups happily joking with each other about the game.

But hey a few P&Bers said there was sectarian singing...there wasnt.

A few have mentioned missiles been thrown but failed to mention the 'celtic' fans throwing missiles into the Rangers supporters.

You should park your car in Tannahil then. The locals think all their xmases have come at once.

It amazes me that certain posters are prepared to belueve anything negative posted regarding Rangers.

I was there and every Dumbarton fan i saw was more than happy to walk up the road side by side with Rangers supporters. Many walking in mixed groups happily joking with each other about the game.

But hey a few P&Bers said there was sectarian singing...there wasnt.

A few have mentioned missiles been thrown but failed to mention the 'celtic' fans throwing missiles into the Rangers supporters.

I walked to the game no problem, met a couple of guys on the subway who were laughing and joking away, I genuinely thought it was going to be an enjoyable day at that point, the 90 minutes at the game were nothing like the walk to/from the ground. And as I mentioned, we even had a Rangers supporting mate with us.

A Celtic scarf doesn't constitute a missile and I think you'll find a couple of Sons on here have condemned them and said that we didn't want them there, in any case they were quickly dealt with by the Police.

But hey...you keep deflecting and sweeping.

Why would we make this up? We honestly have enough ammunition to come on here and rip your club if we really wanted to. Not to mention the fact you've had a Rangers fan come on here and confirm they were acting like complete twats, is he making it up to?

Tedi was at the game. He would have seen it with his own eyes. Your own fans have mentioned 'celtic' fans throwi.g things into the Rangers support ... was he making it up? I suppose like the vast majority of the Dumbarton posters you missed that.

Tedi was at the game. He would have seen it with his own eyes. Your own fans have mentioned 'celtic' fans throwi.g things into the Rangers support ... was he making it up? I suppose like the vast majority of the Dumbarton posters you missed that.

They came into our end with Celtic scarves and we're quickly ejected when a Celtic scarf was thrown, as I said above. Fucking desperate stuff from you.

My route back from home games takes me past Ibrox and on the odd occasion, Thistle and Rangers are both at home meaning I catch the last dregs leaving Ibrox. This weekend witnessed a fella wearing a hoody with" WATP FTP" printed on it. Stay classy Rangers fans, stay classy.

this along with orange order scarfs is the biggest load of made up pish I have seen on this forum. apologies to any dumbarton fans who were hit with a coin but to some these stories lose any credibility when eejits jump on the bandwagon and start spouting of sights about non existant oranger order scarfs and watp ftp hoodies, cringey stuff.

I walked to the game no problem, met a couple of guys on the subway who were laughing and joking away, I genuinely thought it was going to be an enjoyable day at that point, the 90 minutes at the game were nothing like the walk to/from the ground. And as I mentioned, we even had a Rangers supporting mate with us.

A Celtic scarf doesn't constitute a missile and I think you'll find a couple of Sons on here have condemned them and said that we didn't want them there, in any case they were quickly dealt with by the Police.

But hey...you keep deflecting and sweeping.

Your own club sold tickets to celtic fans. I have heard from people i trust there was absolutely no problem until these people threw missiles into the Rangers support.

As you have said the Rangers support were all well behaved before and after the game.

They came into our end with Celtic scarves and we're quickly ejected when a Celtic scarf was thrown, as I said above. Fucking desperate stuff from you.

I am not desperate at all as i couldnt give a f**k what you think. I do care about your half truths and lies about our support.

How many arrests???

Your own club sold tickets to celtic fans. I have heard from people i trust there was absolutely no problem until these people threw missiles into the Rangers support.

As you have said the Rangers support were all well behaved before and after the game.

How do you suggest our club stops these Celtic fans from going down and buying tickets? It was well before kick off so not sure why there would have been a problem? I agree with you but during the game, they weren't well behaved. That's been my point the whole fucking time but all you seem to do is put blame on others.

I am not desperate at all as i couldnt give a f**k what you think. I do care about your half truths and lies about our support.

How many arrests???

You can believe what you like mate, ignore these morons if you want but it does you or your fellow fans absolutely no good. The suggestion that DUMBARTON fans are on here making things up because we're bitter about being well and truly beaten by a better team is ludicrous though.

Rangers fans are fuckin stoaters. Imagine being that deluded, unbelievable stuff. Trying to defend your fans throwing coins at people makes you just as bad as them, totally blinkered.

Anyway I hope our club makes a formal complaint, I hope the CCTV footage is reviewed and I hope the relevant punishments are handed out.

this along with orange order scarfs is the biggest load of made up pish I have seen on this forum. apologies to any dumbarton fans who were hit with a coin but to some these stories lose any credibility when eejits jump on the bandwagon and start spouting of sights about non existant oranger order scarfs and watp ftp hoodies, cringey stuff.

What reason would I gave to make this up? The biggest question I had was who in f**k actually printed that on a hoody for him. In my old work we had idiots trying to get Queens or Popes 11 printed on their tops and we would tell them we couldn't as we'd get in shite with the police.

My brother pointed out a guy wearing a blue hoodie as we waited in line for the subway. It read on the back "WATP"and "FTP."

It certainly did exist.

Light baby blue per chance?

Archived