Rangers v Scotlands Original Champions

green, white and gold i heard. it was actually the scottish goverments latest ant secterian clothing initiative.

You know you can apologise at any time? You can't be right 100% of the time brah.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's wrong to tar 30,000 fans with the same brush.

It's cheap and easy to brand all Gers fans with the same labels but in the overwhelming majority of cases it isnt true. It's sad to see because it cheapens complaints about genuine unacceptable behaviour. 30,000 Gers fans didn't throw coins or spend 90 minutes goading the Sons support - a minority of maybe 40 fans did. It would be far more helpful to concentrate on the actual instances of unacceptable behaviour than to resort to cheap labelling of an entire support.

Perhaps then the issue would be treated with the appropriate severity and taken seriously rather than degenerating into cheap sniping and equally ridiculous sweeping under the carpet. A small number of fans threw coins. That's unacceptable. The majority watched the game.

Maybe, just maybe, the Dumbarton fans were more intent on watching what was happening on the pitch, than videoing primitive lifeforms?

Maybe, just maybe, if you really concentrate, you could do both at once?

Ive got a 5p shaped bruise on my leg if thats evidence enough? The police did go in to the orange/blue order section. It was rather funny watching the wee guys cover their faces up with hoods and scarves like some kind of greek rioter!

Anyway I'd urge the sons fans to send a complaint via dfc and perhaps the spfl. Even just out of interest to see what reaction they get. Celtic park, pittodrie and love street are more welcoming when we've been through in recent times. No hostility at all. Why are the rangers so different? Is it upbringing, peer pressure, daddies not being there or what? I just dont get the mind frame.

1) What was the 5p fired from? Is it even possible to throw one hard enough to bruise someones leg?

2) How did you manage to get the shape of a 5p? That suggests you got hit with the flat of the coin meaning it was even less likely to have been thrown hard enough to cause a bruise.

Maybe, just maybe, if you really concentrate, you could do both at once?

1) What was the 5p fired from? Is it even possible to throw one hard enough to bruise someones leg?

2) How did you manage to get the shape of a 5p? That suggests you got hit with the flat of the coin meaning it was even less likely to have been thrown hard enough to cause a bruise.

^^^Trying too hard

How do you suggest our club stops these Celtic fans from going down and buying tickets? It was well before kick off so not sure why there would have been a problem? I agree with you but during the game, they weren't well behaved. That's been my point the whole fucking time but all you seem to do is put blame on others.

You can believe what you like mate, ignore these morons if you want but it does you or your fellow fans absolutely no good. The suggestion that DUMBARTON fans are on here making things up because we're bitter about being well and truly beaten by a better team is ludicrous though.

I am not defending them. I have criticised them many times. IF there was coin throwing and i believe you that there was then firstly i hope nobody was injured and secondly i hope every single one of them .. no matter the colour of their scarf..is arrested and charged and more importantly to me i hope they are banned from football in Scotland.

ETA....I apologise for trying to defend the indefensible. I have heard the coins were thrown after the 'celtic' supporters had been thrown out the Dumbarton end BUT if you are claiming otherwise then so be it. I cannot prove otherwise but it is not the first time this sort of thing has happened and i have been saying for years that the club should take some action.

That all said your club are responsible , IMO, for selling your allocation of tickets. I have no idea how they stop the tickets getting into the wrong hands but obviously some did this time

Minority or not I think we can definitely conclude that the Rangers support have produced the very worst fans that we have ever encountered. It's a real pity that we'll be providing them with ticket allocations for the games at the Rock. What little financial return we make from those occasions could very well be outweighed by shameful behaviour.

Moshni. :lol:

What a horrific footballer, did the ref just let him stay on as a hindrance?

Glad to see McGregor get a goal, hope he stays fit.

gonnae change that honking avatar.....

the seek him here

My route back from home games takes me past Ibrox and on the odd occasion, Thistle and Rangers are both at home meaning I catch the last dregs leaving Ibrox. This weekend witnessed a fella wearing a hoody with" WATP FTP" printed on it. Stay classy Rangers fans, stay classy.

My brother pointed out a guy wearing a blue hoodie as we waited in line for the subway. It read on the back "WATP"and "FTP."

It certainly did exist.

they seek him there

christ it seems like every pnber has now some claim to have witnessed this mysetrious dedicated follower of fashion and his cotroversial jumper.

Eh...

Unless we magically morphed into chameleons that's not physically possible pal.

So you can't point your phone in one direction while looking in another without morphing into a chameleon?

That must make your selfies really interesting.

Seriously though, who actually, when they're at the football, stops and thinks "I better film this because some arsehole on the internet will ignore the fact this happened". There wasn't showers of coins for the whole game, just that we know some were thrown. How the f**k can you film that? More to the point, are Rangers filming that area? I'd guess we're not the first fans to go in there and receive this treatment so I take your club are doing everything they can to stamp it out?

People film anti social behaviour so that they have proof of it happening, then they report it to the relevant authorities.

Nowadays people film everything, apart from Rangers fans waging war on poor wee oppressed teams that is....

People film anti social behaviour so that they have proof of it happening, then they report it to the relevant authorities.

Nowadays people film everything, apart from Rangers fans waging war on poor wee oppressed teams that is....

You've sensationalised every claim made on here in order to pass it off as not happening. You're fooling no one. Throughout 90 minutes I saw one, what appeared to be a lighter fly into our area and snudge was hit whilst I was at the toilet. I wasn't expecting to be targeted for such things, so why would I have my phone out filming it? Do you expect me to film the whole 90 minutes?

Do you believe this didn't happen?

I see now what the tactic here from the Rangers fans is; if they continue to flatly deny there is any kind of problem amongst their support for long enough then we'll just give up and move on and they'll get to continue to ignore it until their next home game when it crops up again against whoever that opposition may be.

the seek him here

they seek him there

christ it seems like every pnber has now some claim to have witnessed this mysetrious dedicated follower of fashion and his cotroversial jumper.

^^raging about being proven wrong^^

Archived