Ice Bucket Challenge

I'll be nominated tomorrow, at a guess. I've let my hair get wildly out of control, I hate the cold and it'll likely be sprung upon me unwillingly. I dread what the video would look like, even worse considering people on here have me on facebook. The Ice Fear is upon me

Selfie is it?

FFS this is getting out of hand.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Selfie is it?

FFS this is getting out of hand.

No my girlfriends doing hers tomorrow, so I'm pretty much certain to be named

I've been nominated too.

This whole business doesn't sit right with me. Years ago this viral shit would have been called "chain mail" and was illegal.

Today it is all about peer pressure IMO, which is mostly harmless in adults but in younger folk it's a kick in the arse off cyber bullying.

I know a few folk who would have a go at me for not doing this challenge and I have to wonder if doing it to keep them quiet is the right reason for doing it.

I'll be donating at McMilllan soon anyway, but with actual cash - it certainly won't be with a text shortly after posting a video online.

As I have two young kids who are wanting to see me do it I may go ahead, post a still from the video and a ranty comment with it, nominating no bugger.

I've been nominated too.

This whole business doesn't sit right with me. Years ago this viral shit would have been called "chain mail" and was illegal.

Today it is all about peer pressure IMO, which is mostly harmless in adults but in younger folk it's a kick in the arse off cyber bullying.

I know a few folk who would have a go at me for not doing this challenge and I have to wonder if doing it to keep them quiet is the right reason for doing it.

I'll be donating at McMilllan soon anyway, but with actual cash - it certainly won't be with a text shortly after posting a video online.

As I have two young kids who are wanting to see me do it I may go ahead, post a still from the video and a ranty comment with it, nominating no bugger.

You sound a right barrel of laughs.

You've pretty much backed up the having a go "you're a killjoy" type thing.

Not really. You could do what my mate did and politely decline or do what others do and just do it. Either way you don't have to make a big fuss over it. You're overthinking it.

Not really. You could do what my mate did and politely decline or do what others do and just do it. Either way you don't have to make a big fuss over it. You're overthinking it.

Your last point may well be the case.

Archived