Derek Adams Sacked!

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixed feelings about Derek going. His old man, less so.

IMO, Derek should have been given time to manage without his dad casting a shadow over him. He is a good manager, I don't there's any question about that. His next job needs to be one without his dad, and I genuinely believe that will be the making of him.

Totally agree, this is what disappoints and frustrates me most about the whole thing.

Difficult to separate them though if they don't want to be, and something needed to give at the club.

Didn't Terry 'retire' from Scottish Football? I still think he's the favourite - even if he vowed to not come back.

What other serious names are there?

Paul Telfer - Went through a period of applying for jobs but has since moved to America so quite unlikely (even if he did apply for it)

Billy Reid - Moved to Iceland as a number 2 but I think he'd jump at the opportunity to manage a top flight club again. May score points on his work with youth players.

Steve Lomas - Doesn't seem to be doing anything and will probably be waiting a while before getting another crack at a job down south.

Ian Murray - Hasn't been overly keen to go part time but might want to get out before having a relegation to his name.

Barry Smith - Added him just because he's worked at Ross County relatively recently and might have good relationships. I see him as the loyal type who would like to see out a full season at Alloa anyway.

Mark McGhee - Would probably be able to combine it with being Scotland assistant. Depends how keen he would be.

Steven Ferguson - I don't know who he is but seems to be held in good regard here

Gary Bollan - Relatively successful with a young squad at Livi and working under tight conditions at Airdrie.

Danny Lennon - Kept St Mirren up several times and won a cup competition, not popular but may be considered by the chairman going off his track record.

Lomas or Butcher would be the best picks I reckon.

In fairness, County could do much worse than Steve Lomas. He's quite short termist in his planning though, and he didn't particularly enjoy being in Scotland last time round.

Also, the nightlife in Inverness is even worse than Perth's. Lomas' custom might have prevented Miami from shutting down though.

Also, the nightlife in Inverness is even worse than Perth's. Lomas' custom might have prevented Miami from shutting down though.

As long as there's some pro-Rangers pubs, he'll be just fine.

Glad to see him go. A nasty little twat that never had a good word to say about the opposition. Always thought his team were better overall, even when they were played off the park. County will be better off in the long term without him.

Dingwall is one of the smallest and remote part of the country and Ross County are a club with a low budget. Looking from the outside although Adams didn't come across well at times, the decision to sack him is very harsh. After being unlucky and performing well against Dundee Utd then doing well to beat Stranraer (a potential banana skin) at Stair park things looked to be turning around. What more can Dingwall expect? The signings he made last january were inspired and showed he can discover a player. What he has done at County is amazing and sustained and you might realise in the future how lucky you were as you have been punching way above your weight for some time.

Dingwall is one of the smallest and remote part of the country and Ross County are a club with a low budget. Looking from the outside although Adams didn't come across well at times, the decision to sack him is very harsh. After being unlucky and performing well against Dundee Utd then doing well to beat Stranraer (a potential banana skin) at Stair park things looked to be turning around. What more can Dingwall expect? The signings he made last january were inspired and showed he can discover a player. What he has done at County is amazing and sustained and you might realise in the future how lucky you were as you have been punching way above your weight for some time.

Could getting Scottish players to move from the central belt to the highlands be an issue?

The signing policy over the last few windows seems to have been to get foreign players who if you are moving to a new country you are as far from family and friends in Dingwall as you are in Kilmarnock.

Have made the trip up to County a few times it's a good club though Adams knows how to ruffle the feathers of opposition fans. Adams was good for County but think no club this season wants to finish in 11th spot going into a play off spot which would be a nightmare a bit of a panic decision.

Archived