Derek Adams Sacked!

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We won't see Butcher anywhere near the job. Quoted following the Hibs disaster as saying he was done with Scotland

Maybe Scotland should be done with Tel! Apart from Inverness his record is more down than up! I wonder if Big Tel is done with Oz as well where his wisdom, competence and brilliance was also an outstanding failure?! Nah, Ross County will need to get a relegation battler, so Danny Lennon for Dingwall?

Derek Adams is a bellend so get it up him

I'd imagine Roy mcgregor was sick of releasing players Adams had signed early from their contracts.

I like Ross County though so I hope you get a decent manager and not a Gus McPherson/ jimmy calderwood etc type

Pretty strange timing really. You have to assume that they won't get anyone in place before the transfer window shuts, so the new manager is going to be stuck with Adams mercenaries for 4 months.

If he has a bad first 4 months he can't really be blamed... By the time the transfer window opens it could be a long way to safety. Looks like County have got themselves in a bit of a state here.

Mixed feelings about Derek going. His old man, less so.

The most successful manager in the club's history; he achieved great things with Ross County and, footballing wise, I'll hold many terrific memories from his time at the club. However I had doubts over whether or not he could do what he did last season, and turn a dreadful looking team around. Sentimentality has no place in decisions like this but I can't pretend that a small part of me isn't disappointed with how this panned out.

On balance it was the right decision. I have no issue with Derek's personality, it wasn't an issue during the good times - however there was, according to some accounts, a less than pleasant atmosphere hanging around the club. FWIW, I'd be more inclined to point the finger of blame at his dad as far as that goes. The recent signing policy was short-sighted to say the least, and that is my biggest issue. Some great finds but more often than not, the dross outweighed the class - for ever De Leeuw or Hainault, there was a Brian McLean or Orhan Mustafi. Looking at all the players County have had since promotion, there's a team worthy of a top three finish in there.

IMO, Derek should have been given time to manage without his dad casting a shadow over him. He is a good manager, I don't there's any question about that. His next job needs to be one without his dad, and I genuinely believe that will be the making of him.

Cheers Derek. The good times outweigh the bad but sadly this was probably the right move.

As far as replacements go? I'm not overly enamoured with the Butcher shouts and nobody obvious sticks out as an adequate replacement. County really need to get this right, and it's certainly the most important decision the club has had to make in a long time.

PS: I'll miss the way he wound up opposition fans. Goodnight, sweet prince. #GBNF

Archived