Derek Adams Sacked!

Emmm what part of that is ridiculous exactly? Dingwall's not on a railway line, and definitely isn't 20 minutes from a hub with connections to Glasgow, Edinburgh and London. It isn't even close to a motorway like the A9 or something so I can't for one minute understand why you think he was talking shite.

Because it's not remote at all. It's less than half an hour from Inverness and there are another half a dozen towns nearby. They have a swimming pool, a high street etc. Just because it's not in the Central Belt doesn't mean it's a bloody crofters village ffs.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emmm what part of that is ridiculous exactly? Dingwall's not on a railway line, and definitely isn't 20 minutes from a hub with connections to Glasgow, Edinburgh and London. It isn't even close to a motorway like the A9 or something so I can't for one minute understand why you think he was talking shite.

Are you mental?

Dingwall has a railway station, the fucking A9 runs along side it!

To suggest it's one of the most smallest and remote parts of the country is hyperbole of the highest order.

Because it's not remote at all. It's less than half an hour from Inverness and there are another half a dozen towns nearby. They have a swimming pool, a high street etc. Just because it's not in the Central Belt doesn't mean it's a bloody crofters village ffs.

It kinda is a crofters' village though.

I'm impressed that 3 folk in a row managed to miss the obvious sarcasm here.

He'll certainly be linked to it, I think this summer was the first time he wasn't linked to us as either player or coach for about 15 years :lol:

Echoing the thoughts of Yoda on this really. Derek has done an amazing job with County over the years and he'll always be a favourite despite being a bit of a (OK, a massive) bellend. But the fact he's been one of just 2 decent managers we've had in the 20 years we've been a league club certainly helps his status. Not disappointed that George has gone though, and if that means that Derek was going too then so be it. Though I do think Derek will go on to better things, certainly deserves the chance.

The fear is who replaces him; we've had some horrendous clowns at the club in the past, from the abominable Alex Smith to the frankly pathetic Willie McStay. Ian Murray would probably be our best bet but I have no idea if he'd be willing to move up here. And that's always going to be a problem for County. Happy to see Fergie get a chance, and if we can pick up some points then wouldn't be shocked to see him get the job. Adams was at the club already when he took over from Dick Campbell, wasn't he?

But I think we can rule out the Tango Man, he's been here before & by all accounts wasn't well liked at the club despite doing a decent enough job in righting the ship after the McStay disaster. And Robbo coming back is as likely as Jose Mourinho.

Steve Ferguson done a coaching course I was on through the SFA. I would be astounded if he ended up manager of a top-flight club.

The bridge over the railway line to the Stadium may disagree with you and also the bus to Inverness takes about 20-25 mins (as long as it's not the one that goes through Beauly etc) to get there......

.....Dingwall is no where near as isolated as the post suggested.

Are you mental?

To suggest it's one of the most smallest and remote parts of the country is hyperbole of the highest order.

:lol:

That's impressive returns QLP!

The bridge over the railway line to the Stadium may disagree with you and also the bus to Inverness takes about 20-25 mins (as long as it's not the one that goes through Beauly etc) to get there......

.....Dingwall is no where near as isolated as the post suggested.

Are you mental?

Mick-McCarthy-gif.gif

A few hours later but I'm still not sure what to make of all this.

He certainly wasn't sacked purely because we have lost our opening 4 games, no way.

I'm just speculating here but was the fall-out over Kettlewell's departure just one too many for the board?

Roy has a big decision to make on our next manager, that's if he hasn't already made it.

As for Adams, yes he was a bit of an odd-ball and loathed by many, but you can't argue with his playing and managerial record with County, and he has given us fantastic memories, Div2, Div1, Scottish Cup Final, 40 unbeaten, top 6 in debut SPL season, and 55 goals one of our all-time top scorers.

I just cant imagine him managing another club though, it will be interesting to see what his next move will be, it certainly wont be into the media!

Interesting times for County, please god not another Alex Smith, Robbo, Leitch, McStay episode...

The signing policy over the last few windows seems to have been to get foreign players who if you are moving to a new country you are as far from family and friends in Dingwall as you are in Kilmarnock.

Aye, but let's be honest here,

Dingwall is the arse end of nowhere.

At least when you move to Killie you're close to civilisation and not surrounded by incest survivors and livestock.

Aye, but let's be honest here,

Dingwall is the arse end of nowhere.

At least when you move to Killie you're close to civilisation and not surrounded by incest survivors and livestock.

Dingwall:

dingwall_002.jpg

Kilmarnock:

2a9e15ea4ca39590ff0cc436bcc65d50f9871acd

We've been through this before in different threads:

The Highlands > Ayrshire

Archived