Derek Adams Sacked!

Dingwall is one of the smallest and remote part of the country and Ross County are a club with a low budget. Looking from the outside although Adams didn't come across well at times, the decision to sack him is very harsh. After being unlucky and performing well against Dundee Utd then doing well to beat Stranraer (a potential banana skin) at Stair park things looked to be turning around. What more can Dingwall expect? The signings he made last january were inspired and showed he can discover a player. What he has done at County is amazing and sustained and you might realise in the future how lucky you were as you have been punching way above your weight for some time.

:lol:

Well that is just ridiculous.

The bridge over the railway line to the Stadium may disagree with you and also the bus to Inverness takes about 20-25 mins (as long as it's not the one that goes through Beauly etc) to get there......

.....Dingwall is no where near as isolated as the post suggested.

I can see what you guys are saying but I think the OP meant ( and I could/probably am wrong here) is with a full time football club. It's got to be more difficult to persuade an average Scottish based footballer to go to Dingwall, relocating isn't really an option with the one year deals that are the going rate now.

Adams in the last couple of seasons really needed the January transfer window to get him out of the mire, his start of season squad usually bombed and the January deals pulled them through. I suppose they may have decided that he'd done the same again and that wasn't good enough.

As for a replacement, think you'll struggle to attract a manager that needs to relocate unless you offer a longer contract. Let's be honest, a manager's job isn't that secure a position these days. Talk of Lomas and Butcher are way off the mark IMO.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do people in Dingwall do for jobs? Do they mostly work in Inverness?

It's something I've always wondered about wee towns.

They generally just go around accosting sheep, I imagine.

What do people in Dingwall do for jobs? Do they mostly work in Inverness?

It's something I've always wondered about wee towns.

post-1545-0-13853800-1409257288_thumb.jp

I also remember reading in the history of County that a previous chairman owned a distillery near Dingwall and gave jobs to attract players. I assume Uncle Roy employs a few people in the local area with his various business concerns. He also used to run a supemarket in Alness which is how he started his business empire?

There are Highland Council Offices in Dingwall, as well as SNH and SEPA's 'Northern branch' office and lab. So it attracts a lot of policy and consultative authority work.

RJ MacLeod,amongst others, have offices so there is a lot of construction work.

Ross Memorial hospital has a range of facilties (orthodontics, GP, A&E) so there is NHS work.

Also a lot of self-employed folk: architects, private dentists, a few garages, etc. etc. etc.

As well as commuting out to work in the hospitality, forestry, SSE work etc.etc. that is in the Dingwall and Easter Ross area.

And commuting to Inverness (though I know very few folk who actually do this).

Dull answer, but it wasnt a very exciting question...

Archived