Pathetic Claims to Fame

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I served A-List celebrities Tom Boyd, Glenn Loovens, some c**t out of Mrs Brown's Boys and former Raith Rovers chairman Dave Somerville in my old job.

I sat behind Gordon Brown wildly celebrating 10-man Raith Rovers coming from 2-0 down to go 3-2 up in the 90th minute against Ayr United. Ayr equalised a minute later.

The Blackburn Rovers squad oddly showed up at a nightclub in Bridge of Allan in my student days (the Med, for those who knew it). I don't remember who exactly was there but I recall chatting to Morten Gaamst Pedersen, Jason Roberts and Chris Samba. And Paul Robinson bought me a shot.

I've been in a scrap of sorts with Danny Welbeck.

I've played football with David Goodwillie's cousin. He's shite. And I saw David Goodwillie in a pub in Stirling when Scotland were playing. He was barely interested and spent most of the time with his back to the TV.

Thrilling.

Edit: oh, and I've also met Maggot out of Goldie Lookin' Chain.. Best til last.

Reminded of another one . Steven Fletcher and some of the Wolves squad were in the golf lounge in Glasgow the same time as me to watch a Scotland game. This was before Fletcher was back in. We won 1-0 but can't remember who we were playing. Would have been 3 or 4 years ago I think.

Ex-Hibs and Ross County player Kurtis Bryne used to be in my work regularly when I worked in a shop. Nice chap. Was Red Bull daft.

He gave this girl I worked with a signed pair of his boots at Christmas time. I think he wanted to shag her.

Aly Bain, Shetland music legend, is my cousin.

Allan Wells, Scottish sporting legend, is my wife's cousin.

Sean Lineen, Scottish ruby legend, stayed in my house once.

My wife has an album of photos from when we were at University and in one photo of a night out some guy photobombed the picture. Turns out he was subsequently convicted of rape and made the news when he disappeared before he could be deported after completing his sentence.

I know Greg Ross as his maw and my auntie are pretty much best mates. He gave me his 2006 League Cup Final shirt, signed by the whole Pars squad. Sound lad.

I was seen on Sportscene coming down the stairs to watch Liam Buchanan take his penalty vs Inverness and subsequently celebrating like mad when it went in to make it 1-1!

Whilst at school, BBC came in to film us during our exams to use for their news show. Seen myself on TV not having a fucking clue what I was doing in my history exam :lol:.

Played football with Stevie Crawford's son when we were younger. Stevie stayed to watch every week. Pretty sure his son is a year younger than me though.

That's about all I've got :).

Put Garry Kenneth on his arse in a nightclub in Dundee. My mate was texting and walking and Kenneth grabbed his phone out his hand, laughed and dropped it on the floor. Gave him a punch in the puss for his trouble and after a 2nd he fell.

Also once recieved a severe hiding from friends of Garry Kenneth in a Dundee nightclub.

I appeared in an episode of Take the High Road.

Marti Pellow asked me if I wanted his autograph. Which I politely declined.

I saw Danny McGrain buying a lottery ticket.

I pee'd next to former BBC journalist Derek Bateman after an Indy ref meeting last week.

I served Pat Nevin and his family when I worked in a hotel in Arran.

When I was in primary 7, Ross county managerial candidate neale cooper's offspring was below me in primary school and the man himself spoke to me one night while I was a monitor at parents' night.

To this day I've never been sure if he was trying to beast me or not

When I was in primary 7, Ross county managerial candidate neale cooper's offspring was below me in primary school and the man himself spoke to me one night while I was a monitor at parents' night.

To this day I've never been sure if he was trying to beast me or not

Having just looked him up it turns out his son is far too young to fit the profile. It's possible it was Neil Cooper the former St mirren starlet as his dates at St mirren would fit, but I can't find out if he has any children. Probably just as well considering the possibility that he tried to beast me

Archived