Pathetic Claims to Fame

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was once shoved to the ground by Bruce Forsyth. I was about 12 and on a school trip to watch the British Open at Royal Birkdale. He was trying to gain entry to the clubhouse and even though he kept insisting "But I'm Bruce Forsyth", the stewards weren't impressed. So, he stormed off in a huff and I happened to get in the way.

I once stood next to Kevin Kennedy (Curly Watts from Corrie) at a pub urinal. He's considerably taller than me so I got the full benefit of his splash-back. His boaby was bigger than mine too.

R&B Pub Band Dr. Feelgood were regulars at a music venue in my home town and a mate and I got into the habit of going out drinking with them before their gigs. Frontman Lee Brilleaux was a sound lad and a sad loss when he died of cancer in the '90s.

On a more recent note - I had my photo taken with Jens Voight before one of the stages of the USA Pro-Cycling challenge here in Colorado last week.

Rod Wallace once came into our office by mistake and had to ask for directions.

Was sat 2 rows behind Brian Wilson on a flight to Glasgow

Was an extra on Wish You Were here (Judith Chalmers - wid!)

Guy I went to school with killed 2 people, it could have been me.

Once crossed the road at the same time as top American true movie star Brian Dennehy, we both made it to the other side unharmed.

Was one of those twats who is photographed and asked their opinion in a voxpop for the P&J, it was something to do with working conditions for Doctors

Sat next to Jack Charlton on a train from London to Leeds and then sat behind Bobby Charlton at Frost/Nixon, he wasnt impressed.

John Rowbottham was apparently there as well but I didn't see him.

Not surprising tbh, he is a Warlock of Qarth after all

Paolo Nutini fancied my ex bird, while I was with her, and she stayed with me B)

Before he was famous, but still.

This is one I believe least

My dads uncle has an FA Cup winners medal.

Ally McCoist sat behind me on a flight back from Faro.

I had a quick chat with Norris from coronation in St. Andrews .

Guest The Phoenix

I sat next to a girl at school who died from a hole in the heart. She was posthumously awarded the German prize at the end of the year prize giving.

Charles Pic tried to steal my toast in a hotel,it was one of those belt type ones and i put a couple of slices in and went to get some other stuff and when i was walking back the little french racing driver was about to put it on his plate

I once stole Paolo Nutini's seat on a ferry to Arran once, seething is a good way to describe his reaction.

My girlfriend was an extra on a episode of Waterloo Road.

I also spent a whole plane journey from London to Glasgow without realising I was sitting next to Billy Dodds.

Archived