Pathetic Claims to Fame

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once interviewed Dan Le Sac & Scroobius Pip for a Uni magazine. Two of the soundest guys I've ever met.

Frank McAvennie and Scott Severn bought me and a mate a pint in Paramount one Saturday night. Chick Young did not. Miserable c**t.

Craig Brown spent one New Years day in my house when I was a bairn and he was going with Louise Port as my folks are neighbours with hers.

I've beaten Jimmy Yuill (whilst both blazing smashing malts) at dominoes up the top of Ben Bhraggie on New Years Day the last 3 years in a row. The "Mannie" makes for a good table. Jimmy is a very good guy, not a good doms player though.

I knew two people who saw Hitler in the flesh.

The old boy who my mum used to work for when I was wee started out his career with a firm that made uniforms. He was sent over to Germany to try and win the tender to make the Nazi's uniforms and witnessed one of the Nuremberg rallies. They did not put in a bid.

He was a fluent German speaker, and did say that it was very difficult not to be drawn in by him when he gave a speech.

He also drove a beautiful old Citroen DS. Norman Dye that is. Not Hitler.

This one's a belter. We need more details!

one of them was my granny who had a friend in Trier, Frau Reidl and went to visit her in the 1930s.. Hitler came to visit the city and Granny saw him. Frau Reidl's family were anti-Nazi and said to Granny "look at that bawbag" or equivalent words. Apparently as the Trier accent was quite thick the Nazis round about didn't understand that the Fuhrer was being insulted.

the other was a family friend- Jim Campbell. He was on a student visit to Berlin in the early 1930s. Mussolini came to visit Adolf and both of them were driven through the streets in a car and passed Jim. Jim said later on that Hitler "looked like his brother".

I served A-List celebrities Tom Boyd, Glenn Loovens, some c**t out of Mrs Brown's Boys and former Raith Rovers chairman Dave Somerville in my old job.

I sat behind Gordon Brown wildly celebrating 10-man Raith Rovers coming from 2-0 down to go 3-2 up in the 90th minute against Ayr United. Ayr equalised a minute later.

The Blackburn Rovers squad oddly showed up at a nightclub in Bridge of Allan in my student days (the Med, for those who knew it). I don't remember who exactly was there but I recall chatting to Morten Gaamst Pedersen, Jason Roberts and Chris Samba. And Paul Robinson bought me a shot.

I've been in a scrap of sorts with Danny Welbeck.

I've played football with David Goodwillie's cousin. He's shite. And I saw David Goodwillie in a pub in Stirling when Scotland were playing. He was barely interested and spent most of the time with his back to the TV.

Thrilling.

Edit: oh, and I've also met Maggot out of Goldie Lookin' Chain.. Best til last.

Archived