The Arbroath Thread

Travis old man told us that he was told that as soon as the full backs get the ball they have to look to launch it up field . Effective but gets tedious

Travis's old man and grandad are tremendous human beings.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Travis's old man and grandad are tremendous human beings.

Yes they are, spent time with them at Stenny, couple of seasons ago

Well that was embarrassing! Not the result. Not the performance.

What was embarrassing was the poor home support. It was embarrassing for the tv cameras to beam pictures across the country of a less than half full home end, whilst the away end was full and bouncing. What is wrong with football fans in this town?? Are there too many Auld Firm armchair supporters who are not interested in their local club? Was the shite we experienced last season too much and has driven normal fans away. I doubt it! Plenty of unfamiliar faces in the home crowd tonight, so more than usual turned up but why could we not attract enough to at least make it look like this town deserves a football club. FFS!

Just now, WT Figo said:

Well that was embarrassing! Not the result. Not the performance.

What was embarrassing was the poor home support. It was embarrassing for the tv cameras to beam pictures across the country of a less than half full home end, whilst the away end was full and bouncing. What is wrong with football fans in this town?? Are there too many Auld Firm armchair supporters who are not interested in their local club? Was the shite we experienced last season too much and has driven normal fans away. I doubt it! Plenty of unfamiliar faces in the home crowd tonight, so more than usual turned up but why could we not attract enough to at least make it look like this town deserves a football club. FFS!

After the last season and a half of crap football I was not surprised about the spaces at the home end, we will win over the stay away fans as the results improve.

1 minute ago, lichtie36nilhello said:

After the last season and a half of crap football I was not surprised about the spaces at the home end, we will win over the stay away fans as the results improve.

I hope you are right.

I thought the entire team excelled tonight.  So many stand out performances.  The team didn't stop running the entire match.  Great effort.  Mutch, Whatley, Doris, Linn, Hamilton, Little stood out and I thought Phillips and substitute Thomson really performed too, although this guy :wub: Looks a really good signing

Scott.jpg

Edited by Smokie_Bacon_crisps

Scott was very decent in the first half, but then looked knackered which is understandable given he's only trained with us twice and I'm not sure how long ago the Indian season finished. McCord looks a class act and I'm sure his fitness will improve. Stevie Doris though, what a shift!watching Doris and Prunty compared to Rutherford et al last season is night and day. No disrespect to Greg Rutherford, who ran himself into the ground for us, but Doris and Prunty are just so much better and Doris was a joy to watch last night.