The Arbroath Thread

Dundee United game gave me great hope we had improved, probably now need to utilise our loans well and I think we'll have a good season.

wouldnt read anything into tonight's game.  

The team was all over the place by the end of the game

2-0 defeat harsh but we need to start scoring

I heard tonight it is Sukkur so imagine it'll be him and little centre half, Whatley RB and Hammy LB

Roll on Berwick

Im now starting to get worried, i can only hope we dramatically improve for the start of the league games

Why? The seasons not even properly started.

4 hard games against Aberdeen/United/Dunfermline and Raith. A draw against Turriff and a win against Well. All the friendlies have had a lot of trialists involved and a lot of chopping and changing.

Even tonight, we got beat 2-0 but we were very wasteful and could've won the game ourselves. The team by the end was a mix and match and we were missing 2 of our best players. I know it was the LC but as we were both out before a ball was kicked it was basically a glorified pre season friendly.

I know last season has had a damaging effect on all of us but can we just wait until the proper stuff starts and calm down a bit.. [emoji6]

Pre season means zero, look at the last one we had. 5 wins.

Dunlop is a worry in defence. Need a defender on loan. A tall striker on loan would be good too. Thought Linn was poor tonight. Too greedy on the ball and should have looked to distribute the ball more rather than running too far and getting challenged. My motm was Hammy. I'm liking him at centre back and wouldn't mind if he stays there as I think Phillips is doing a decent job. 

Hammy MOTM!! He looked like a decent player who has lost all of his confidence! A complete liability at times and.could not cope with Todarov's physical game. Every time the ball was near him in a defensive area he looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Scared and scarey. Not wanting to get on the boy's back but I think that he has been a major disappointment since his return.

33 minutes ago, superlichtie87 said:

Dunlop is a worry in defence. Need a defender on loan. A tall striker on loan would be good too. Thought Linn was poor tonight. Too greedy on the ball and should have looked to distribute the ball more rather than running too far and getting challenged. My motm was Hammy. I'm liking him at centre back and wouldn't mind if he stays there as I think Phillips is doing a decent job. 

A tall defender absolutely. This has to be the smallest defence (what is left of it) in this league. Midgets everywhere.

Hammy MOTM!! He looked like a decent player who has lost all of his confidence! A complete liability at times and.could not cope with Todarov's physical game. Every time the ball was near him in a defensive area he looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Scared and scarey. Not wanting to get on the boy's back but I think that he has been a major disappointment since his return.

Thought he had a good game, and if he wasn't there next to Dunlop things could've been worse. Dunlop really has had a pretty terrible start, can't believe he got hooked at half time and Whatley went in there.

Imagine he will be back to LB when we get someone in on loan. Been brilliant since he's come back for me.

Also lads can the people panicking just take a second out and listen to Boaby Linns wise words...

'League starts 6th of August #relax'

I was worried that their would be an overreaction if we had won, never expected one after a defeat though. Season starts next Saturday, had a lot of very tough friendly games and in the LC section. I actually think last night was the first time we were up against a club at a similar level. Obviously we had Turriff but the team out that night was nowhere near our strongest.

Plenty of positives, and a few negatives to take from the game last night, but the real stuff starts next Saturday. [emoji1360]

Would hate to see the reaction if we lose the first league game. There will be epic meltdowns galore. 

There will be 4 or 5 changes to that team next week so wouldn't read anything into it at all. Thought kader played well and big Philips starting to settle in nicely.

Would hate to see the reaction if we lose the first league game. There will be epic meltdowns galore. 

There will be 4 or 5 changes to that team next week so wouldn't read anything into it at all. Thought kader played well and big Philips starting to settle in nicely.

Phillips when he's fit is a much better option than Stoney for me.

And I know, unnecessary pressure starting to build up already. Settle down and relax lads.

On 7 July 2016 at 20:40, 1320Lichtie said:

First season he was with us he played right wing back. He's had bother ever since he signed for Dundee but 12 last season suggests he's getting back to normal, guys only 27.

Arbroath fans panicking a bit here. Remember last season how well Forfar started and look what happened to them.

There is a long, long way to go. If any fans should be panicking it's those up the coast a wee bit.

Cowden know only too well all our problems haven't been solved. Thank goodness for McGurn, our other keeper is just as good too.

Only a few to be fair. I had a bad feeling this would happen seeing as we've only won one of our 7 games so far...

But we've played... Motherwell, Raith, Aberdeen, Dundee United and Dunfermline in 5 of them. Many of them with trialists/patched up teams put out. It's been a worthwhile pre season, better than organising friendlies against teams we would beat or part time teams for me. I fully expect us to get beat against Inverness too, Inverness under 20s up there on a Tuesday night too is a dodgy one. Not sure what kind of team we will play.

None of it really matters though as long as we are fit and ready to go in August. I said before the game I hope there's not an overreaction, was just hoping it was going to be some of you guys doing it. ;)

Only a few to be fair. I had a bad feeling this would happen seeing as we've only won one of our 7 games so far...

But we've played... Motherwell, Raith, Aberdeen, Dundee United and Dunfermline in 5 of them. Many of them with trialists/patched up teams put out. It's been a worthwhile pre season, better than organising friendlies against teams we would beat or part time teams for me. I fully expect us to get beat against Inverness too, Inverness under 20s up there on a Tuesday night too is a dodgy one. Not sure what kind of team we will play.

None of it really matters though as long as we are fit and ready to go in August. I said before the game I hope there's not an overreaction, was just hoping it was going to be some of you guys doing it. [emoji6]

Cowden will cigar their way through this league.

There you go mate.