The Arbroath Thread

1 minute ago, stan3600 said:

Jason Cummings is probably available. I’m sure he’d fit in with the group. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png Or maybe Michael Gardyne? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png Dick is a legendary man manager.

Cummings is pals with Goldy etc. Gardyne bit of a fud but seems harmless enough and well liked, unless your Davie Carson 

Another frustrating day today. Flat on and off the pitch. Our home games are not a great watch at the moment with the opposition generally coming to shit-fest draws. Meaning we start playing desperate, long ball, panicky football without composure or structure.

The last good home performance was the 80 minutes v Dunfermline.

Any worries that J Hamilton lacks fitness or commitment appears unfounded as I thought he looked very sharp and on it.

Not criticising Dick but the Dowds/Hilson sub was baffling. I thought Dowds was brilliant today, looked a real danger and chased everything all day.

Point was a fair result.

Another frustrating day today. Flat on and off the pitch. Our home games are not a great watch at the moment with the opposition generally coming to shit-fest draws. Meaning we start playing desperate, long ball, panicky football without composure or structure.
The last good home performance was the 80 minutes v Dunfermline.
Any worries that J Hamilton lacks fitness or commitment appears unfounded as I thought he looked very sharp and on it.
Not criticising Dick but the Dowds/Hilson sub was baffling. I thought Dowds was brilliant today, looked a real danger and chased everything all day.
Point was a fair result.

Agree that Hamilton looked sharp and was unlucky not to get his goal. Dowds was terrific. It’s not our fault that our closest opponent at the top of the league wastes time a kicks lumps out of our forwards to scrape a draw. We need Nicky Low back or a good loanee to add a bit of finesse to win this league. I can’t believe how amazing it is to be able to say that.

34 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Agree that Hamilton looked sharp and was unlucky not to get his goal. Dowds was terrific. It’s not our fault that our closest opponent at the top of the league wastes time a kicks lumps out of our forwards to scrape a draw. We need Nicky Low back or a good loanee to add a bit of finesse to win this league. I can’t believe how amazing it is to be able to say that.

So pleased to hear all the positive comments on Dowds from Arbroath fans  . He was terrific for us, worked 110% every game, and initially many of us were sceptical of this graduate coming in- but he wins you over with his effort, passion and underrated skill on the ground and clearly Dick has worked on his heading , looking at all the goals he has scored.

For us he used to make 00’s of runs and other than Agnew no one could see his run. We always thought he could play at a higher level- he went to Falkirk ( a surprise to many of us) and its been a car crash for the lad.

I know the Bairns fans are frustrated but some of the bile thrown at the boy by them  in his first year as a FT professional football player ,  in the same  year as  a world pandemic , has been embarrassing . Bairns fans have even visited Our forum , and I think your forum, to vent their displeasure about the lad,    and even before he  played  for you( they need to chill) i think some described him as “ dugshite!” on both our forums.  He left us with class and will always be welcome at Newbayview not only by the way he played by how he conducted himself off the pitch. I hope you guys keep him, Clearly Dick has got him back to his best- and it would be the best football story ever if you  boys got promoted…we are all rooting for you. Well done.

Edited by Its not only a game

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT 

Congratulations to Chris Hamilton on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 0-0 draw with Inverness Caley at a blustery Gayfield yesterday. The on loan Hearts man is a fans favourite with the Lichtie faithful and I’m sure we would all love to see him sign a permanent deal to stay at Gayfield. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

A82CD421-ABB9-4BBD-95EC-BCB2FF687BA7.jpeg

20 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

So pleased to hear all the positive comments on Dowds from Arbroath fans  . He was terrific for us, worked 110% every game, and initially many of us were sceptical of this graduate coming in- but he wins you over with his effort, passion and underrated skill on the ground and clearly Dick has worked on his heading , looking at all the goals he has scored.

For us he used to make 00’s of runs and other than Agnew no one could see his run. We always thought he could play at a higher level- he went to Falkirk ( a surprise to many of us) and its been a car crash for the lad.

I know the Bairns fans are frustrated but some of the bile thrown at the boy by them  in his first year as a FT professional football player ,  in the same  year as  a world pandemic , has been embarrassing . Bairns fans have even visited Our forum , and I think your forum, to vent their displeasure about the lad,    and even before he  played  for you( they need to chill) i think some described him as “ dugshite!” on both our forums.  He left us with class and will always be welcome at Newbayview not only by the way he played by how he conducted himself off the pitch. I hope you guys keep him, Clearly Dick has got him back to his best- and it would be the best football story ever if you  boys got promoted…we are all rooting for you. Well done.

If Arbroath want him then there will be a fee involved. Holt has finally fucked off today which was probably one of the reasons why he ended up getting punted on loan in first place. Maybe Rennie will want him back who knows. For the lads sake I hope he gets what he wants but he's still our player and if he has to come back then he will be. 

34 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

If Arbroath want him then there will be a fee involved. Holt has finally fucked off today which was probably one of the reasons why he ended up getting punted on loan in first place. Maybe Rennie will want him back who knows. For the lads sake I hope he gets what he wants but he's still our player and if he has to come back then he will be. 

He must train with the Falkirk squad through the week, then a couple of nights at us

Dowds staying would be brilliant. I think we saw enough on Saturday to show that Dowds and J Hamilton could be a fantastic combination. Dowds has developed into a striker who can not only score goals but also creates plenty of chances and goals for others. Hamilton, as we know is an out and out natural goalscorer, but I was also impressed with his energy and work rate. Add in McKenna at 10 and this could be some attacking threat.

Although we'll obviousy hugely miss Nouble, this new forward combination would be more direct and could have more goals in it.

Not to mention Low returning to add creativity in midfield. Would also hope that C Hamilton stays and that we add another midfielder, if all this happens then I think we'll be (very) ok.

Edited by Tattie36

Guest TedCrilly

As a Falkirk fan I don’t blame Dowds one bit. Holt and Sheerin left him without a name at the Q&A, he’s been enjoying his football again at Arbroath and could really be part of something special. No ill feelings whatsoever to the guy. All the best to Arbroath either way!