The Arbroath Thread

I understand that we have to be patient but I’ve noticed other clubs announcing signings and loans already. Are we going into tomorrow’s game with our current squad? Will we even have enough fit and available players to have any kind of bench?

Edited by Tattie36

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

I understand that we have to be patient but I’ve noticed other clubs announcing signings and loans already. Are we going into tomorrow’s game with our current squad? Will we even have enough fit and available players to have any kind of bench?

Don't you know that Arbroaths signings and injuries are secret until just before kick off.

So to summarise what our fans want....every single summer signing except Oakley paid off and released, and then an entire squad of 10+ players signed and integrated at the start of January.  Oh, and no punts, wildcards, signings from outside Scotland, or unproven kids. They all have to be proven Scottish based players who can cut it in the championship, and fit in with the manager's style.   Oh, and two goalscoring strikers who fit all the above criteria.

Happy new year everyone!  

18 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

So to summarise what our fans want....every single summer signing except Oakley paid off and released, and then an entire squad of 10+ players signed and integrated at the start of January.  Oh, and no punts, wildcards, signings from outside Scotland, or unproven kids. They all have to be proven Scottish based players who can cut it in the championship, and fit in with the manager's style.   Oh, and two goalscoring strikers who fit all the above criteria.

Happy new year everyone!  

Well we are not far off being forced into that anyway - Tait, Jacobs and Hancock are all crocked. Isiaka and Corfe will leave after respective contributions of f**k all, and f**k all. Fosu is out of contract, and in my opinion has done nothing to warrant an extension. Wouldn't be fussed if Bitsindou goes back, he's not reliable enough and Birmingham could well recall Oakley too. I, and most others I'm sure, have no issue with us signing players from England or beyond provided they come from a decent enough level. 

I hope these two are good, but DC with another panicked "ex EPL youth team" signing it looks. 

Am I stating the obvious, but why but why not trying to get proven or experienced lower league Scottish players in? 

Just now, Kejan said:

I hope these two are good, but DC with another panicked "ex EPL youth team" signing it looks. 

Am I stating the obvious, but why but why not trying to get proven or experienced lower league Scottish players in? 

Pink said at the Q&A that no players in lower leagues were good enough for us 

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Pink said at the Q&A that no players in lower leagues were good enough for us 

That's surely nonsense. I'm not saying don't bring in loans but a bit of a variety of folk who've played around this level, plus a few of these. 

Anyhoos, hope to feck I'm wrong and we get some sort of result today! 

Saw Joao play a few times for CSS last season. Very good technical player in behind the strikers and way too good for the Lowland League.

He's on the small side so I'm hoping the Championship isn't a move too far for him. Hope he does well for you.

27 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Saw Joao play a few times for CSS last season. Very good technical player in behind the strikers and way too good for the Lowland League.

He's on the small side so I'm hoping the Championship isn't a move too far for him. Hope he does well for you.

I read one East Fife fan say he was their best technical player ever which was quite the claim. 😂 Read some really high praise, he’s young and done very well in L2 and we have him permanently for 18 months. I like it on the face of it 

Edited by 1320Lichtie