The Arbroath Thread

Just now, ecto said:

With hindsight, which is all we have, we would have been cheaper giving Low a pay rise, than signing Allan

Yeah but it wasn’t anything to do with Allan signing or not though he just wanted away.

And I am hesitant to say that right now too because Scott Allan fit in a decent team with options around him would be a cracking player to have. I don’t think he’s been fit he hadn’t played for ages, never had a pre season and was thrown right in and we’ve also definitely not been close to being a decent team. So would not write that off just yet. 

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I heard a rumour that Low might come back and play…. I know at the Q and A it was suggested that it would be him done but I heard otherwise the other day and heard he might come back and play. I would welcome him back with open arms if that’s the case. He could come back in and help us stay up.

Also noticed Mikey and Dylan Tait tweeting each other. Tait buzzing about that win yesterday which was great to see and he suggested he’d be back soon so that injury can’t be as bad as first feared.

Club said on their Facebook preview thing that Taits injury wasn’t as bad as first feared and he could be back in the squad for the Caley game

Low wanted his move to Morton on his doorstep, we quite rightly blocked it and he spat his dummy out and probably tried to force it through and ended up at kelty. Not sure we need this type of attitude when we’re fighting at the bottom for every point. With Allan and Tait back soon, we really don’t need another midfielder. 

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

If Low's circumstances have changed and he wanted to play for us again, I'd happily welcome him back.  Cracking player, and I think he'd be brilliant alongside Bitsondou.  

So where are you playing Gold and McKenna who were good yesterday, and where are you playing Tait, Balde and Allan? 

Just now, Smokerson said:

So where are you playing Gold and McKenna who were good yesterday, and where are you playing Tait, Balde and Allan? 

The Low and McKenna combination has worked fine before.  You could play Bitsondou, Low, and McKenna.  You could also rotate Allan and Low (I dont see the need to chuck Allan on the scrapheap).  Balde I havent seen enough of yet, just a low quality pixellot stream, but he looks the part.  Tait on the other hand, I'm not sure about.

Its 2023.  Its not about having 11 players and 3 subs.  We need a squad!  Not everyone has to play every week.  

47 minutes ago, fatwull said:

Why would he be worth a pay rise over the others?

Tbh, what we are paying Allan, allegedly, you could have given all of them a pay rise and it would have been cheaper

15 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Low wanted his move to Morton on his doorstep, we quite rightly blocked it and he spat his dummy out and probably tried to force it through and ended up at kelty. Not sure we need this type of attitude when we’re fighting at the bottom for every point. With Allan and Tait back soon, we really don’t need another midfielder. 

but came back, could’ve walked out in the summer, but didn’t 

17 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

If Low's circumstances have changed and he wanted to play for us again, I'd happily welcome him back.  Cracking player, and I think he'd be brilliant alongside Bitsondou.  

Bitsindou is a dreadful player, not near good enough 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah but it wasn’t anything to do with Allan signing or not though he just wanted away.

And I am hesitant to say that right now too because Scott Allan fit in a decent team with options around him would be a cracking player to have. I don’t think he’s been fit he hadn’t played for ages, never had a pre season and was thrown right in and we’ve also definitely not been close to being a decent team. So would not write that off just yet. 

Am no convinced the Allan transfer had nothing to do with it, think it nudged Low over the edge

also, just don’t see where Allan fits in

15 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

The Low and McKenna combination has worked fine before.  You could play Bitsondou, Low, and McKenna.  You could also rotate Allan and Low (I dont see the need to chuck Allan on the scrapheap).  Balde I havent seen enough of yet, just a low quality pixellot stream, but he looks the part.  Tait on the other hand, I'm not sure about.

Its 2023.  Its not about having 11 players and 3 subs.  We need a squad!  Not everyone has to play every week.  

Your right, a squad that has players on the bench who are as as good as the players you are substituting them for, we had that last season, we have not had any players on the bench who could change a game, only when Bobby was on the bench.... 😉 

3 minutes ago, fatwull said:

Your right, a squad that has players on the bench who are as as good as the players you are substituting them for, we had that last season, we have not had any players on the bench who could change a game, only when Bobby was on the bench.... 😉 

Spot on. But unfortunately no way Low will ever play for Arbroath again.

1 minute ago, fatwull said:

He is under contract until the end of the season, no way he'll be given away....

Hopefully they can come to some sort of mutual agreement. 

Am I correct in saying he can only play for us or Kelty for the remainder of this season? 

15 minutes ago, ecto said:

Tbh, what we are paying Allan, allegedly, you could have given all of them a pay rise and it would have been cheaper

but came back, could’ve walked out in the summer, but didn’t 

Bitsindou is a dreadful player, not near good enough 

Am no convinced the Allan transfer had nothing to do with it, think it nudged Low over the edge

also, just don’t see where Allan fits in

He was in the Greenock papers this summer saying he will play for Morton one day and at the last game of last season Morton fans were singing his name the whole game. All his mates are Morton fans, he is a Morton fan. He wanted to go to Morton it’s that simple and it’s really unfair bringing Scott Allan into it.

Also all of the Scott Allan wages stuff is hearsay, we have a clever astute board who we should all trust there will not be anything silly going on there. And again give Allan a chance, judging anyone based off these previous months is unfair never mind Scott Allan who come in out of the cold after not having a pre season. Some of the guys we know and love and who have been brilliant for us before have looked a shadow of themselves. 

Big Bitsindou can look dodgy at times but overall I think he’s been good. Don’t think that’s a fair comment on him either personally 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

He was in the Greenock papers saying he will play for Morton one day and at the last game of last season Morton fans were singing his name the whole game. All his mates are Morton fans, he is a Morton fan. He wanted to go to Morton it’s that simple and it’s really unfair bringing Scott Allan into it.

Also all of the Scott Allan wages stuff is hearsay, we have a clever astute board who we should all trust there will not be anything silly going on there. And again give Allan a chance, judging anyone based off these previous months is unfair never mind Scott Allan who come in out of the cold after not having a pre season. Some of the guys we know and love and who have been brilliant for us before have looked a shadow of themselves. 

Big Bitsindou can look dodgy at times but overall I think he’s been good. Don’t think that’s a fair comment on him either personally 

It’s a game of opinions, always has been

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Hopefully they can come to some sort of mutual agreement. 

Am I correct in saying he can only play for us or Kelty for the remainder of this season? 

I thought the loan was only until January? If he's under contract and another team want to buy him, and if he doesn't want to be at Arbroath then surely he would be for sale, as long as it's not a team in this league....

2 minutes ago, ecto said:

It’s a game of opinions, always has been

100 percent but don’t think it’s fair to have that opinion about Low leaving having anything to do with Allan though that’s just pure speculation and not fair on the guy at all.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

100 percent but don’t think it’s fair to have that opinion about Low leaving having anything to do with Allan though that’s just pure speculation and not fair on the guy at all.

I think Low was after more money, came back after board didn’t bite, then club signed Allan, on his alleged wages, Low huffed, so speculate we will

Anyway 

When was the last debut we had that was as good as El Mhannis? I can’t think of one off top of my head

Not played for ages, away to league leaders, ripped the absolute pish out of Cammy Kerr so badly he got subbed off. Got back well, looked extremely fit, 2 assists, Zidane turns, Cruyff turns, nutmegs flicks the whole lot 

11 minutes ago, fatwull said:

I thought the loan was only until January? If he's under contract and another team want to buy him, and if he doesn't want to be at Arbroath then surely he would be for sale, as long as it's not a team in this league....

I’m sure a player can only play for 2 teams in a season. Meaning it’s us or Kelty until May