The Arbroath Thread

22 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Got to give these guys a chance but would of liked some guys with experience of the Scottish game, 

I'm not having there isn't good enough players in Scotland, the money invested bringing these guys up could of been used for transfer fees perhaps,

Name some ??

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Kane Hester’s been a million times better than anyone we’ve signed on a free transfer outwith Scotland and he’s a L2 player

I know the Hester thing has become a bit of a standing joke, (and I publicly said he wasn’t good enough after watching him last season) but I would take him now in a heartbeat. However, the off field stuff must be putting clubs off as a player with his stats (even in L2) will definitely be attracting a lot of interest all over Scotland. 

19 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

What a ridiculous reply, 

It's not my job to find players, 

To not think there are not better players than the ones we have signed lately is crazy, 

100 percent 

We are Arbroath fans and have watched plenty of L1 and L2 football. It’s easy to compare guys to it. 

Fosu has left, someone I actually think will do well wherever he goes, heard Peterhead. He was good for us when he played as a nuisance uptop it’s ashame we never played him there more often and always run himself into the ground I wish him well 

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

Arbroath taking the Falkirj route to relegation, signing a January squad?

Just make sure you beat them in any playoff.

Well we were destined for it anyway if we never made massive changes so I’ve no problem with it 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

4 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Good luck to be new signings. It’s a bit scary to be without Ricky. If El-Mhanni is better than Bobby I’ll be thrilled - but it’s vanishingly unlikely. He’ll be better than Corfe though. Low bar. 

I agree that Yasin’s ability is likely to be a mid point between Linn and Corfe. When was the last time he played a competitive match though? Astonished he’s being thrown in as a starter in a game away from home v the league leaders when there’s no way he will be match fit. Could be a humbling experience for him… and us.