The Arbroath Thread

29 minutes ago, ecto said:

Tbh, what we are paying Allan, allegedly, you could have given all of them a pay rise and it would have been cheaper

but came back, could’ve walked out in the summer, but didn’t 

Bitsindou is a dreadful player, not near good enough 

Am no convinced the Allan transfer had nothing to do with it, think it nudged Low over the edge

also, just don’t see where Allan fits in

I’m confused , he came back where? He’s at Kelty. I don’t see Low coming back when we have about 6 midfielders if you include Jacobs. Time to move on and focus on players who are here and want to be here. 

2 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

I’m confused , he came back where? He’s at Kelty. I don’t see Low coming back when we have about 6 midfielders if you include Jacobs. Time to move on and focus on players who are here and want to be here. 

Low could have huffed and not came back to pre season, if he was that determined to force a move

Edited by ecto

1 minute ago, ecto said:

I think Low was after more money, came back after board didn’t bite, then club signed Allan, on his alleged wages, Low huffed, so speculate we will

Usually like what you say Ecto but I think this is just a poor thing to do, essentially spreading rumours that make one of our players look bad when the chances of that being anywhere close to true are close to zero 

What a difference a few signings make and a great result yesterday. I thought we had shat the bed when it went back to 2-2 but credit to the team for fighting back especially with a quick goal after their equaliser. I thought gold, mckenna and el-mhanni were outstanding.

Shout out to the young lads with the drum too, atmosphere has been sadly lacking this season home and away so keep it up lads 👍

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Usually like what you say Ecto but I think this is just a poor thing to do, essentially spreading rumours that make one of our players look bad when the chances of that being anywhere close to true are close to zero 

You, like me have no clue what the actual truth is

so let’s be honest here our midfield is a barren, creative wasteland and Low would have helped 

Edited by ecto

10 minutes ago, ecto said:

You, like me have no clue what the actual truth is

so let’s be honest here our midfield is a barren, creative wasteland and Low would have helped 

Oh aye Low would help 

And I am going off what has been said by the club and Pink and even Nicky Low himself. He was on a podcast saying he had a new coaching job in Greenock, a night time job and it meant he struggled to get to training etc. It’s linked below. 

He wanted to go FT at Morton, train during the day and do his new coaching job at night. Zero to do with Scott Allan

https://youtu.be/ezmnh_TOypQ

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Oh aye Low would help 

And I am going off what has been said by the club and Pink and even Nicky Low himself. He was on a podcast saying he had a new coaching job in Greenock, a night time job and it meant he struggled to get to training etc. It’s linked below. 

He wanted to go FT at Morton, train during the day and do his new coaching job at night. Zero to do with Scott Allan

https://youtu.be/ezmnh_TOypQ

Worse thing is, we look stuck with Allan’s contract, cannot see a place for him in the team

Allan is a very good creative midfielder. Suspension and injury have slowed his progress. Our dreadful hoof ball style earlier this season does not suit him at all. I can only assume Dick plans to play more to his strengths or he wouldn’t have signed him. Give the man a chance. 

If the management and Nicky Low can sort out their differences it would be a smart move to bring Nicky Low back - he is an outstanding player.

We all make errors and do things we regret - whatever the reasons for Low leaving, if we can resolve matters and bring him back that would be a very clever move.

It's never too late to resolve matters - we all make mistakes and if a compromise can be reached it could be a win-win for both Arbroath and Nicky.

Lets keep the door wide open for Nicky to return - I will happily drive through to Greenock to collect him for any match we are playing !

Edited by clashcityrocker

Here we are arguing about how Allan could fit in the team. Who would you replace, where to play player X,Y,Z.

I am just happy we now have more starting options in the team and can switch things up a bit now.

Still need more in but Balde and El-Mhanni are good improvements to the squad so far. Not heard much about Ardarkwa yet 

1 minute ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Here we are arguing about how Allan could fit in the team. Who would you replace, where to play player X,Y,Z.

I am just happy we now have more starting options in the team and can switch things up a bit now.

Still need more in but Balde and El-Mhanni are good improvements to the squad so far. Not heard much about Ardarkwa yet 

I’d hope Allan would be on the bench where he deserves to be. 

2 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

I thought Adarkwa done ok. Don’t well against the Dundee centre backs. Don’t remember him having a strike on goal though which is the reason he was brought in. 

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I thought Adarkwa done ok. Don’t well against the Dundee centre backs. Don’t remember him having a strike on goal though which is the reason he was brought in. 

I think he did what was required, holding the ball up and physically challenging the CBs. He softened them up for Dale Hilson to administer the coup de grace. Dale doesn’t score many headers but they are memorable. That was a beauty, yesterday.

I don’t think Adarkwa had much of a chance yesterday he was up against Sweeney, McGhee and Ashcroft on his own. We kind of just launched it at him too and he battled away well and allowed Mikey or whoever to pick up second balls. I think Hilson done a lot better than him yesterday and with Stewart’s industry and drive on the right, McKenna being busy in the hole and El Mhanni or Bobby trickery and creativity he could do well up there. Looking forward to seeing who else we sign and buzzing we’ve got wee Balde permanently for 18 month. 

47 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I think he did what was required, holding the ball up and physically challenging the CBs. He softened them up for Dale Hilson to administer the coup de grace. Dale doesn’t score many headers but they are memorable. That was a beauty, yesterday.

He gave us an out ball, and just having him there gave McKenna space to do what he does best.

42 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

How did Bitsindou play at centre back yesterday?

Thought he was very dodgy and suspect first half a few times but second half he looked to be solid and done well. 

It was a heavy park and McMullen made a few of us look like we were stuck in the mud at times although he’s an incredibly nippy player