The Arbroath Thread

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

Fans deserve more than this. Sorry but this is the final straw, he needs to go.

I will add thought that I was one of the few that fully expected this.

Can take getting beat, was gonna be a tough ask,

But the level of tactics, selections and dire performance is shocking 

Time for a change 

13 minutes ago, Rael Rover said:

Watching on stream, good quality. As for Arbroath unless they have important players out that defending is relegation form.

The stream was good. Our only two central defenders out so a back 3 of two fullbacks and a midfielder.  Also two of our 3 best strikers out.  Threadbare doesn't cover it.  

I really don't get all the vitriol. Calls for Campbell to go are ridiculous. We were well in it at 2-1 and lost two goals in the last 10 minutes pressing for an equalizer.  We were not great but most of the people howling for blood were calling this the diddy cup (or worse) a few weeks ago.

I do agree that the squad is too thin.

No excuses - this was a shocking, pathetic performance - absolutely dismal.

Congratulations to The New Saints, well done, but Arbroath’s performance was well below expectations of what we expect.

Yes, we had key players out injured - but let’s not use that as an excuse.

Long journey home for these loyal, hardcore fans who deserve much better.

16 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

The stream was good. Our only two central defenders out so a back 3 of two fullbacks and a midfielder.  Also two of our 3 best strikers out.  Threadbare doesn't cover it.  

I really don't get all the vitriol. Calls for Campbell to go are ridiculous. We were well in it at 2-1 and lost two goals in the last 10 minutes pressing for an equalizer.  We were not great but most of the people howling for blood were calling this the diddy cup (or worse) a few weeks ago.

I do agree that the squad is too thin.

If this was a one off anomaly then fine shrug it off, and no one would lose much sleep over being destroyed (let’s not sugar goat it) by TNS. However this is just the latest in an ever growing series of horrific results and performances… with no light at the end of the tunnel. Add on last season and there are only two options re Campbell - walk or be sacked.

The size and makeup of the squad is down to one man. Yes we had a load of injuries and key players missing, every team has the same issues but most have a squad of sufficient depth and quality to counter this. Certainly at our level, we should never go into games with only 3 outfield players on the bench - all of them mediocre midfielders. Yes, some other teams will have similar in very very unusual circumstances but this has been the norm for us for a whole year now. The on-going defensive shambles has been done to death but still doesn’t make it any more acceptable.

Edited by Tattie36

15 goals conceded in last 4 games if pretty fucking horrific for a team who are well known for being defensively solid normally yes we weren’t great  great last season and parts of this but we’ve never been so easy play against 

Edited by SmokeyJoe

Buck stops with the Campbells and it’s time for some fresh ideas, new players and someone that doesn’t accept hoofball for the whole game and can try and change things when it goes wrong.  Squad size and lack of loans are on them . Got off with relegation last season as Cove and Hamilton were very poor teams, but this season we’re the poor ones and I can’t see how it will change.

We’ll see who Dick blames for todays debacle, but it won’t be his fault.