The Arbroath Thread

36 minutes ago, ecto said:

Someone said it was a colour blind thing, as the maroon and green are similar 

I’m red/green colourblind and that first game of the season was awful for me, I found it almost impossible to watch. I wondered at the time if Balde is too as he passed the ball straight to a United player to run through for their first goal.

It doesn’t mean that I don’t know what red and green are and I can tell the difference most of the time - it’s obvious for instance when Aberdeen play on grass, they don’t disappear. It’s more when the colours are the same tonally and in small size. It’s hard to describe. I remember being told as a kid that I couldn’t be an electrician, airline pilot or work in bomb disposal.

Don't understand though why United couldn’t just wear their home kit today.

We were advertising the guide dogs on social media in the days leading up to the match so it was maybe our kit choice rather than Utd. If you're going to do a charity kit I suppose you have to wear it at some point at home.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

That yellow kit can get so far in the bin, no need to wear it today. 

I actually quite like the blue and yellow kit.  I much prefer it to that grey away kit!  We wore the black and maroon kit at some games last season too.

I like the yellow kit. It’s a colour which stands out and surely helps the players pick out their team mates. Good to see Balde back and at his tigerish best with no mistakes.

Edited by timlichtie

14 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Can't be critical today, boys gave everything, Didn't get any luck or breaks today,.

No wonder players get frustrated with officials, the standard is awful,

A lot more to be positive about and hopefully a few new faces in and we will hopefully kick on,

Utd fans singing "are you dundee in disguise" is up there with the worst song I've ever heard,  

Totally agree about officials. Colin Steven is awful, and always seems to decide against us in crucial decisions. The Bird booking is an example. 

26 minutes ago, relichtie said:

Totally agree about officials. Colin Steven is awful, and always seems to decide against us in crucial decisions. The Bird booking is an example. 

Colin Steven is absolutely gantin 

So so so so so terribly bad 

Just an absolute fud of a refereee

31 minutes ago, relichtie said:

No booking there 

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Colin Steven is absolutely gantin 

So so so so so terribly bad 

Just an absolute fud of a refereee

The linesman over by us, couldn’t keep up with play

Frustrating that we have been putting in decent performances but been completely hampered by having so many players out/playing out of position. Have to admit was slightly concerned with Innes Murray, he looked pretty unfit. Can't afford to be carrying players like that in the championship. Hopefully we can get some new players in asap and convert these good performances into points on the board. 

6 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Frustrating that we have been putting in decent performances but been completely hampered by having so many players out/playing out of position. Have to admit was slightly concerned with Innes Murray, he looked pretty unfit. Can't afford to be carrying players like that in the championship. Hopefully we can get some new players in asap and convert these good performances into points on the board. 

Give the boy a break.  He hasn't played since November.

Aye Murray said in his interview that he hadn’t played in a long time and needs minutes 

Also yesterday was spent basically chasing the ball, winning it back and breaking up the park to try and counter attack for the boys in midfield - an absolute power of running for them yesterday on a heavy park 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Once more, these are not the games, that really matter, it’s getting wins against ICT, QP, Morton, Dunfermline, Ayr and Airdrie and possibly nicking the odd point against the other three, that’s where survival will come from

13 minutes ago, ecto said:

Once more, these are not the games, that really matter, it’s getting wins against ICT, QP, Morton, Dunfermline, Ayr and Airdrie and possibly nicking the odd point against the other three, that’s where survival will come from

Ever year we have been in this league teams at the bottom have taken points off the top teams so these games shouldn't just be written off. 

1 hour ago, TheRoundO said:

Give the boy a break.  He hasn't played since November.

Tbf I retyped that post a couple times and left out a bit saying hopefully he's just the type who needs game time to get fit. He's someone I've had my eye on for a few seasons and I'm excited to see him for us.

15 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Ever year we have been in this league teams at the bottom have taken points off the top teams so these games shouldn't just be written off. 

Never said write them off, just being realistic, there is very little between bottom and 4th, probably going to need 7 or 8 wins, to be secure, I know where there is more chance of getting them

Edited by ecto

Latest name I’ve heard rumoured is Rory McLeod just been recalled by UTD from his loan at Forfar. He’s highly rated but not sure how he got on at Forfar. Can play anywhere across the front 3 im sure

5 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Latest name I’ve heard rumoured is Rory McLeod just been recalled by UTD from his loan at Forfar. He’s highly rated but not sure how he got on at Forfar. Can play anywhere across the front 3 im sure

Big jump, gonna need men no boys

2 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Surprised if McLeod is inbound. Didn't tear it up at L2 Forfar, seems a bit of leap even though he's highly rated. Bird and Leighton who must be ahead of him in the pecking order.

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

New signing inbound.

Heard someone from Killie and Dundee - also a left back on top of that

Dunno if McLeod be anywhere near us and would be disappointed if he was tbh 

Edited by 1320Lichtie