The Arbroath Thread

32 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Heard someone from Killie and Dundee - also a left back on top of that

Doubt McLeod be anywhere near us and would be disappointed if he was after stinking the gaff out at Forfar 

I had wondered if Macleod may end up at Montrose given that we seriously need another striker to rotate with Kane and the fact that we have a good relationship with Dundee United, but he’s already played for them and Forfar this season so he can’t play for anyone else. 

3 hours ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Latest name I’ve heard rumoured is Rory McLeod

Struggled to get game time at Forfar - so can't see this happening, plus he can only to to lowland or Highland league team according to loan rules I believe ( I could be wrong about that - others with better knowledge might confirm) ?

Just now, clashcityrocker said:

Struggled to get game time at Forfar - so can't see this happening, plus he can only to to lowland or Highland league team according to loan rules I believe ( I could be wrong about that - others with better knowledge might confirm) ?

Was he no on the bench on Tuesday?

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well well well

How random - welcome Goags 

20 plus games for Cork City last 2 seasons - must be decent 

18 month deal too 

Banks was decent enough from that league so hopefully Walker can do a good job for us too.

Never sure how to place the LOI Premier quality wise. The top few teams would probably hold their own in our Premiership but I can’t imagine that recently relegated Cork City would be any better than average Championship level here.

Still, he’s a good age, looks versatile enough and is on a decent length of contract. If he’s solid then that’s good enough for me.

Signing a defender is something we can all agree on - hurrah !

Obviously straight into the squad for Saturday and would have been training with the squad for a few sessions.

Should add I have been very impressed with all the "fringe" players who have proved they are serious contenders for the starting 11 when the injured players return - a few more signings to follow and we will have a tidy squad when everyone is fit.

1 hour ago, timlichtie said:

looks more than decent in those video clips

Hopefully be a good addition to the squad - but I am not a fan of these video highlights, they tend to zoom in and focus on only the best moments of  player and don't really provide a full account of a player's overall ability.

That said, it's good to finally get a defender and lets hope he is makes a good addition to the squad.