The Arbroath Thread

Amazing that we absolutely schooled Partick 3-0 just a few months ago. Massive difference today. Desperately need players back and another few additions as that group we had available today will Comfortably finish bottom. 

31 minutes ago, virginton said:

You've been consistently touting your squad as one of the best in the division all season

Absolute drivel - show me one post where this has been said ?

Have not read any posts from any Arbroath fans which have suggested we have one of the best squads in the league - prove me wrong and produce the quote or otherwise put a lid on it.

1 minute ago, clashcityrocker said:

Have not read any posts from any Arbroath fans which have suggested we have one of the best squads in the league - prove me wrong and produce the quote or otherwise put a lid on it.

Honestly. Shut up. It’s embarrassing 

Just thinking aloud here but could one of the reasons we’re having so many long-term injuries be anything to do with being part-time in a full-time league?

These guys all work day jobs and train two nights a week (the same as my 13 year old). A lot of their fitness will be down to their own fitness regime and discipline - gym, running etc? and I imagine they won’t have daily access to physios like the full-time players.

Are a lot of our players just not fit/football fit/strong enough to play game after game, season after season at this level?

Add in that many of the guys getting injured are our older players.

I know there are other teams in the league with a similar injury crisis - e.g. Dunfermline so perhaps it’s just bad luck.

Also not suggesting that being full-time is the answer but I wonder if there’s scope for extra training sessions.

52 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Stowe. He’s simply not good enough. An absolute waste of a shirt. 

Stowe is a decent player.

But just not at this level. He could be in the future but we dont have the time or luxury to help bring him up to this level.

It was too big a jump for him. A drop down to L2 would be good for him to get valuable game time against stronger opposition that the 6th tier he came from.

12 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Stowe is a decent player.

But just not at this level. He could be in the future but we dont have the time or luxury to help bring him up to this level.

It was too big a jump for him. A drop down to L2 would be good for him to get valuable game time against stronger opposition that the 6th tier he came from.

He’s really not. He adds nothing. He might just be a league 2 player but that’s not what we need. 

10 minutes ago, Hayshead2 said:

17 Games left.    21 points absolute minimum required to survive. Very possible with anything near a full squad available. BUT.

Seems an impossibility at the moment 

27 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

On 17/07/2023 at 12:31, clashcityrocker said:

You sure about that ?

Have you not been keeping up to speed with Arbroath's summer signings ?

I highly doubt they will be troubling the bottom of the league this season.

Best revise your predictions.

giphy(8).gif.ccdc14fa42aef78fcfd93c779fb0425b.gif

On 15/07/2023 at 12:46, clashcityrocker said:

Summer signings have been very impressive - clearly the management have done their homework, learnt lessons from last season and now have a squad looking sharp, fit and ready to go - this could be a very exciting season - and once the players get a few more games they will settle in and gel well.

All this, plus a few loan players still incoming in August - looking very good indeed.

On 25/09/2023 at 17:34, clashcityrocker said:

Talent is definitely worth waiting for and the summer signings have proved that - they have been outstanding.

We have a top notch squad - we can rotate forwards, midfield and even have a strong defence with key players missing.

The management needed time for the players to gel - it's now all clicked into place.

There will be defeats and ups and downs along the way - but no reason why we should not have a very successful season.

These players are winners, they don't like losing and they will have ambitions to repeat the success of 2 years ago.

Still early days, but we have seen enough to know we have a squad full of quality players.

On 30/10/2023 at 13:45, clashcityrocker said:

We have a great squad of players and a really good attacking options upfront - we have proved we can give any team in this league a game ( excluding United of course).

I hear what your saying, but we have players who can win games, have ambitions and want to challenge for greater things than just survival in his league - and that is exactly what they have been doing - rolling the dice and giving it there best shot for every game.

That's plenty for now I feel. 

1 minute ago, ecto said:

Seems an impossibility at the moment 

It feels like it but just need to take it a game at a time. Hopefully another player or two in/return from injury next week. Ayr are in a terrible run of form so it’s a good time to be playing them…. Although we said the same v ICT and Dunfermline. A win and we’re back in the mix, lose and it’s staring to look bleak.

25 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Just thinking aloud here but could one of the reasons we’re having so many long-term injuries be anything to do with being part-time in a full-time league?

These guys all work day jobs and train two nights a week (the same as my 13 year old). A lot of their fitness will be down to their own fitness regime and discipline - gym, running etc? and I imagine they won’t have daily access to physios like the full-time players.

Are a lot of our players just not fit/football fit/strong enough to play game after game, season after season at this level?

Add in that many of the guys getting injured are our older players.

I know there are other teams in the league with a similar injury crisis - e.g. Dunfermline so perhaps it’s just bad luck.

Also not suggesting that being full-time is the answer but I wonder if there’s scope for extra training sessions.

The players getting injured can come down to a number of factors so would be hard to pin point exactly whats causing them.

But one way to help reduce them is by resting players when they have slight knocks and not playing them. Lack of cover in key positions has forced players too play with slight injuries and suffer worse ones. And others that need a rest or subbed off to keep playing and end up getting injured due to fatigue.

This sort of injury crisis is extremely difficult to manage with a small squad and no back up options. Only way for us to alleviate the situation is to have a bigger squad in the short term. Reduce the squad in the summer.

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

f**k sake Clashy. I honestly hate VT but i have just gone and given his post a like.

Do you know how grubby that makes me feel?

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

So, not one post from any Arbroath fan who has said we have one of the best teams in the league - as expected.

I will give you 7/10 for your efforts of trawling these these old posts - but 0/10 for trying to twist comments.

3 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

f**k sake Clashy. I honestly hate VT but i have just gone and given his post a like.

Do you know how grubby that makes me feel?

I feel your pain - but nothing worse than being having your comments twisted and taken out of context.

7 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

I feel your pain - but nothing worse than being having your comments twisted and taken out of context.

If you did feel his pain, possibly a period of silence from yourself, might be in order 

tbf, I do have liked the VT post, and feel I’ll never be able to wash away the stench 

Edited by ecto

Think folk need to realise we are in bit of a mess, The unbalanced squad and poor signings are really costing us, Today was the worst performance since Jim took charge, 

Very frustrating to watch with lots of individual errors, 

Need centre defenders back or signed before next week, 

Quite worrying in Ali Adams cameo appearance and goal he has contributed more than a good few outfield players this season...

25 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

So, not one post from any Arbroath fan who has said we have one of the best teams in the league - as expected.

I will give you 7/10 for your efforts of trawling these these old posts - but 0/10 for trying to twist comments.

Keep diggin' mate

Awkward Cat GIF by Abitan