The Arbroath Thread

Hopefully Arbroath can stabilise and return to the 2nd tier in the near future. That was completely night and day from the type of performance I've come to expect from Arbroath sides in the last few years in the championship.

I will certainly miss the trips to Gayfield. Good luck next season.

16 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I don't know if I agree with all of that.  For example, I don't think Gaston, ToB, Stowe, Stewart, McKenna, Delaney, Slater, Dow etc etc. are bad players.  I think a better manager gets much more out of them.

Didnt say they were all bad players. But most are not good enough to play in the Championship at this moment in time. Some will never be. Past 2 seasons quite a few have struggled and others have just been so far off it that they look worse than they possibly are.

If it had been a simple case of a manager coming in, working with the players and getting the best out of the and adding to it then i would be two footed into McIntyre.

But this has not been a simple case of that. Throw in the major injury crisis, not having our best defenders such as ToB fully fit or available each week and the panic buy transfer window, then i have accepted our fate. Us going down has not been all McIntyre's doing. He just took over the wheel and helped as we were steer us off the cliff. The seeds of failure were sowed long ago on that front since the 22/23 transfer window.

A better manager may have done a better job but the question is who would that be and would they have been willing to join? How would they have coped when we were at 14 players and what would they have done different in the transfer window when we had less than 14 fit players. We will never know.

All we can do is see the season out and rebuild next year. If McIntyre is still in charge so be it. Just have to see what he does differently over the summer