The Arbroath Thread

Whats the etiquette in having a dedicated squad discussion thread, rather than having it mixed with general Arbroath chat? 

For the worst player, I wouldn't give it to players who didn't get a proper chance to shine.  Komolafe might have looked terrible, but he only got a couple wee chances, likewise Isiaka.  No, for me, I'm afraid I can't see past Deri Corfe.  All of our other summer signings, I felt like I could see something in them, but Corfe was just 100% out of his depth.  He got plenty of chances to show what he could do, more than most of the other flops, in his preferred position, and offered nothing.  Reminds me of when we had Jim Gardner and Steven Fallon.

50 minutes ago, Lichtielegend said:

Sorry, putting Jacobs in the same bracket as Corfe is mental.

Absolutely not, Jacobs has been a complete waste of a wage, as bad as we have been this season, the manager never turned to him, so Jacobs fits in nicely with the other duds, which they’re is many

5 minutes ago, ecto said:

Absolutely not, Jacobs has been a complete waste of a wage, as bad as we have been this season, the manager never turned to him, so Jacobs fits in nicely with the other duds, which they’re is many

I can't imagine Jacobs is playing for peanuts either. Obviously a decent player in his day but unfortunately for us well past it now.

1 hour ago, ecto said:

Has Jacobs not been injured for half the season  ??

The worst signing this season is clearly Corfe.

For the amount of minutes he had on the pitch there was not a single time anyone said 'oh he might be decent'

Contributed nothing to the team to the point he had a negative effect.

As for Kane Hester.

Dick has been trying to get him back for a number of years now. At one point he had spoke to Hester behind Elgin's back about possibly re-signing him. Elgin board were livid when they found out and any chance of a deal was dead.

But things have smoothed over now and Hester is still a player Dick wants. Though Cove and Montrose are after him too.

Anyone saying Hester isnt good enough just have to look at some of of our more recent signings and ask whether Hester could have done a better job than them. (Isiaka, Ford, Komolafe, Olysanya, Wighton etc)

Think most of the time you will say yes he would.

8 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

As for Kane Hester.

Dick has been trying to get him back for a number of years now. At one point he had spoke to Hester behind Elgin's back about possibly re-signing him. Elgin board were livid when they found out and any chance of a deal was dead.

But things have smoothed over now and Hester is still a player Dick wants. Though Cove and Montrose are after him too.

Anyone saying Hester isnt good enough just have to look at some of of our more recent signings and ask whether Hester could have done a better job than them. (Isiaka, Ford, Komolafe, Olysanya, Wighton etc)

Think most of the time you will say yes he would.

Wighton? 😂😂

edited to take away some of the laughing emojis. Absolutely pished myself when I read it 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

TASC AWARDS 2023 - THE WINNERS 🏆 

Social Media Man of the Match (Most Awards) - Derek Gaston

Newcomer of the Season - Joao Balde

TASC Members Player of the Season - Derek Gaston

Congratulations to Derek and Joao on their awards.

4 minutes ago, TASC_1878 said:

TASC AWARDS 2023 - THE WINNERS 🏆 

Social Media Man of the Match (Most Awards) - Derek Gaston

Newcomer of the Season - Joao Balde

TASC Members Player of the Season - Derek Gaston

Congratulations to Derek and Joao on their awards.

Gaston cleaned up at the club and supporters awards. Mind the poster that said he isn’t the reason we weren’t relegated?