The Arbroath Thread

Just now, Leicesterlichtie said:

So now that we have sourced the quality of striker we were needing since Nouble and Hamilton, the decision to not follow some fans idea to re sign Hester potentially looks correct.

The same fans who nearly had a coronary when they heard that we were looking at trialists...

26 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

The same fans who nearly had a coronary when they heard that we were looking at trialists...

This is now a few times you’ve brought this up… 

If the trialists are guys who have been at and played at a good / decent level - great bring them on

If they are complete unknowns who have been jobbing about in the 12th tier of English football - not great 

It’s not black and white like you are trying to make out. Feel like you are just trying to pick fights.

We just scudded Montrose 3-0 with some very good attacking players on the park, nobody wants to argue with you 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This is now a few times you’ve brought this up… 

If the trialists are guys who have been at and played at a good / decent level - great bring them on

If they are complete unknowns who have been jobbing about in the 12th tier of English football - not great 

It’s not black and white like you are trying to make out. Feel like you are just trying to pick fights.

We just scudded Montrose 3-0 with some very good attacking players on the park, nobody wants to argue with you 

Exiled is a clown. Best ignored 

Last few games have warranted criticism, based completely on team and individual performances from players and management,

Today was much better and gives us something to build on for Friday, get a left back and a Centre midfield and maybe look to moving on Scott Allan to balance the books then we will have a much better squad than last season

4 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Last few games have warranted criticism, based completely on team and individual performances from players and management,

Today was much better and gives us something to build on for Friday, get a left back and a Centre midfield and maybe look to moving on Scott Allan to balance the books then we will have a much better squad than last season

99 percent sure MacDonald is on his way and that will be a good left back 

Midfielder I’m not so sure on and Allan when he come on today seemed to have the bit between his teeth and had few moments of quality as usual - I like the fact he’s clearly putting in the effort - whether he has a place in the side I’m not so sure but think I’m open to him staying too if that happens 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

99 percent sure MacDonald is on his way and that will be a good left back 

Midfielder I’m not so sure on and Allan when he come on today seemed to have the bit between his teeth and had few moments of quality as usual - I like the fact he’s clearly putting in the effort - whether he has a place in the side I’m not so sure but think I’m open to him staying too if that happens 

Think it's obvious he is a good player but he is obviously on a decent wage for coming off the bench for the odd 20 mins here and there, sometimes don't see how he fits in our system too,

Slater looked much better against today and I can't see Allan getting ahead of him ,

Maybe just being greedy wanting another Chris Hamilton or Scott Martin type of player,

Allan has the ability to cut open defences with his passing better than our other central midfielders.

last season he had nothing in front to pass too and we were a shambles all over the park.

This season he has far superior options to pass to. Just need a player or 2 in the middle that can do the dirty work and let him focus more on attacking passes and link up play.

Would rather we kept him as he is a talented player

Well that was quite a pleasant Saturday afternoon. Thought we struggled a bit in the first half, partially due to the wind, but the second half was a stroll. Could have been more.

Nice to see all 3 goals coming from forward players and when was the last time we not only scored 3 with no reply, but could have scored a few more?

Some of the attacking play was great, lots of runs and balls in behind their defence. Was a little worried when the substitutions were made as I thought we should have stuck with the team as it was for a little bit longer, but I needn’t have worried. Despite the negativity around him (including from me), I thought Turan looked pretty good when he came on, scoring one, laying on another and making a big nuisance of himself.

Very impressed with the attacking options we now have. Not sure if I would put McKenna right back into the 11 unless he gets his finger oot.

Edited by Tattie36

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Allan has the ability to cut open defences with his passing better than our other central midfielders.

last season he had nothing in front to pass too and we were a shambles all over the park.

This season he has far superior options to pass to. Just need a player or 2 in the middle that can do the dirty work and let him focus more on attacking passes and link up play.

Would rather we kept him as he is a talented player

Totally agree, Scott Allan needs clever players making runs for him.

We now have a few of those, unlike last season, when Bobby was the only player capable of this  - when he got a chance. 

Everything just clicked yesterday. Bird and McIntosh worked really well together and it’s something I’d like to see going forward this season, unfortunately I think we will be playing the majority of the season with one up top. 

Slater was immense in the middle of the park as well.