The Arbroath Thread

1 minute ago, DUAFC said:

Stewart Petrie, still.

I would be over the moon with this but he is manager of Montrose and is not going to leave them for us and tarnish his legacy there. There will be a natural parting of ways there at some point like there was with us and Dick and if the right time arrives where he is free and things are not going great here we should go out and make that happen - but unrealistic right now 

5 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

That ricky announced he’s leaving, an absolute club legend. I would expect gaston to be off too.

What a player Ricky has been for us. Club legend

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I would be over the moon with this but he is manager of Montrose and is not going to leave them for us and tarnish his legacy there. There will be a natural parting of ways there at some point like there was with us and Dick and if the right time arrives where he is free and things are not going great here we should go out and make that happen - but unrealistic right now 

Looks like the end of an era, can't see Gaston staying. 

Pity that they were all denied a proper send off.

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Indeed. Ricky was great for us. A true professional. 

2 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

I think it's maybe time for me to take a few months off from here...... it's becoming basically impossible to have any sort of objective discussion about anything relating to the club at all. :blink: 

In the same boat.

Blind hatred of all things McIntyre makes this thread pretty hard going.

3 club legends, 

McKenna Gaston have been outstanding for us , But Ricky Littles commitment and what he has done for us won't ever be forgotten, 

All the best to all 3 of them 

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

In the same boat.

Blind hatred of all things McIntyre makes this thread pretty hard going.

Am no sure it’s a blind hatred, very few of us would have picked him, I do concede Dick Campbell was in the same boat, but performances have deteriorated, his signings have been poor, the end of the season has been awful and we look a bit of a joke, I do not buy the “dead rubber” ,”players will be leaving” every game has to be played and competed professionally, I don’t think he’s the man, but I’ll be there come next season, heart filled with hope and excitement, whether he is the manager or not

This is also my final take on it

51 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

What a player he's been for us down the years.  His partnership with ToB has got to go down as one of our best defences ever.  

Right up there with Ian Stirling (taller version of Ricky) and Tam Cargill (the previous TOB) in the 60s.

Dick did a terrible job of managing for the future.  Far too many of our players were over 30 and the youngsters he brought in were not ready to be regular starters and were ditched pretty quickly (as someone said earlier).  A big clear out was inevitable at some point soon and relegation is an obvious trigger.  Quite a challenge for McIntyre to manage in the coming weeks. Good luck.

28 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Farewell Ricky. An immense and passionate player. Hall of Fame incoming. 

@SimonLichtie Can you work out how many miles he's put in for the club? Something to keep you occupied while away from this toxic place. 😜

I’m pretty sure 22,000 miles a season was mentioned at his dinner. 

4 minutes ago, Smokie said:

I’m pretty sure 22,000 miles a season was mentioned at his dinner. 

If thats true, in his time with Arbroath he has travelled enough to reach the moon.

Ricky little has been a tremendous player for you lot and will be a big miss for sure he would have strolled L1.

Michael McKenna (if he is away) along with Bobby Linn used to be right up for the derby over the years and used to always turn up.Kinda feel now Arbroath have lost their fear factor about them with most off the old guard leaving now.

16 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Ricky little has been a tremendous player for you lot and will be a big miss for sure he would have strolled L1.

Michael McKenna (if he is away) along with Bobby Linn used to be right up for the derby over the years and used to always turn up.Kinda feel now Arbroath have lost their fear factor about them with most off the old guard leaving now.

Ricky is a legend but he would not have strolled league 1 next year. He’s had a pretty rapid decline. 

Just now, TheRoundO said:

Ricky is a legend but he would not have strolled league 1 next year. He’s had a pretty rapid decline. 

Massive difference in Championship and L1 fitba in my opinion he would have been a good asset for you boys.