The Arbroath Thread

10 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Bigmouth is normally a gid kunt, succespt he ate the strong smokies, and a black and steak pie, he’s a guid lad.

Young lad demolished that, says its the best pie anywhere, not for me though.

Meat is Murder.

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I apologise, was pissed off with the roadworks, got nothing against Arbroath, (hate your manager though).

Thank you.

Fair enough, but you have let this with McIntyre go, save your seethe, for something important 

30 minutes ago, ecto said:

Fair enough, but you have let this with McIntyre go, save your seethe, for something important 

You're right, difficult though, he made a fucking mess, rightly sacked, next thing he's waving a tangerine scarf over his head at tannadice.

You could see from the interview JM gave, how different the whole vibe at the club is compared to last season. Bit more relaxed, not as stressed out. Might not give out the personality like DC but obviously feeling better about things with his own players and trying to play the type of football he wants.

Every fan needs to start a fresh with this season and see where it takes us. Positive vibes and then if things start badly, then show discontent. 

5 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

The trialist who started was, I'm 90% sure, Alasdair Spalding from Airdrie, and the sub keeper looked like Aidan MacAdams, but I don't think it was and I say that having not seen him from closer than 50 yards...

Overall today I think plenty of positives and no real negatives :)

It's clear we're going to be playing a completely different way this season, and all of the very early signs were good in terms of the structure of the team. Much more playing football with the ball, a lot less humping it up the line/ into the channels and looking for the 1 up top to bring it in and hold it up. I thought both Bisland and Wilkie looked good, and I was very happy to see Tam and Hammy line up at centre back. I'd be very happy with this being our back 4 come the first league game of the season. Both full backs look to have the license to push forward and overlap, with Slater dropping deeper when they do.

I thought the main take from today was how fit we looked - we look like a much fitter team in late June than we did for the entire second half of last season. Today only enhanced my confidence that a fully fit Innes Murray will be excellent for us in League 1, and he's one player I'm really looking forward to properly seeing this season.

With Calum Gallagher, Goldie and Scott Stewart still to come in, and at least another 3 outfield players to add in a month + I think, in these extremely early stages of pre-season, the signs are good so far :). When you look at how we setup and played today, you can fully understand how Ricky wouldn't have fitted in and how Gats would've struggled with playing the ball around from his own box.

I also think, and between now and the end of this transfer window will make or break this, that Jim McIntyre has shown himself to be a very good judge of player. They're fit, they're his players, and its his system being implemented.... there's absolutely no excuses as things stand for us not to be in the top 4, and if we're not then obviously changes will be made.

Love you Simon and take your word very seriously - I am pished and on the way home - wee bit gutted CalGal not 100 percent fit but hopefully can get back into it before Stenny away

5 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

No need for that shite, me and over a thousand Dees contributed to your tinpot outfit today, you look like a pile of fucking mince as well, hopefully you go down again with your rodent idiot manager.

Thank you.

You're still a bawbag 

14 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

You could see from the interview JM gave, how different the whole vibe at the club is compared to last season. Bit more relaxed, not as stressed out. Might not give out the personality like DC but obviously feeling better about things with his own players and trying to play the type of football he wants.

Every fan needs to start a fresh with this season and see where it takes us. Positive vibes and then if things start badly, then show discontent. 

There was definitely a different feel to the team performance yesterday. Bisland and Wilkie both impressed me. Slater and Murray looked much more effective and fit. Despite the defeat there was a lot of decent football and a good shape. With several established players yet to come back things look positive.

15 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

I think just with all the new players coming in it’ll take time to really get going - for example Stenny and Montrose our first two games - both they teams be pretty much the same as they were last year while we are a fresh start basically 

I’m happy that ToB and Hammy seem to be the centre half pairing JM has in mind - a young lad at full back either side of them and their experience makes sense 

Hopefully Reilly and Gallagher get over their niggling injuries quickly cause they will be so important to us 

4 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

East Fife have just let a goalkeeper go, guy called “Ali Adams”, might be worth a shout for backup keeper?

Heard good things about him. Heard he’s got a bullet of a right foot 

Had just assumed Hemfrey be our number 1. Looks like we’re trying to get 2 good options in - actually think Aidan McAdams would’ve been a perfectly fine number 2 to Hemfrey but looks like McIntyre fancying a different approach than what Dick used to like doing 

IMG_4632.png

18 minutes ago, gmfc said:

We have Zac Delaney on trial thoughts?????

Signed, played 7 minutes, got injured for 2 month, came back into an injury stricken patchwork Arbroath team who were basically away and relegated - hard to judge. Going by how he was at Inverness and the fact he’s got good physical attributes and Championship experience now would imagine he’d be a pretty solid and safe signing for any team in that league