The Arbroath Thread

3 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Firstly it’s Arbroath FC not Bobby Linn FC, it’s not DC’S job to keep Bobby Happy. 

I think for a 3 or 4 year period he was arguably the best part time player in the country but I don’t think he is at that level anymore. He has been inconsistent this year, at times he’s been at his brilliant best, and at other times I think he’s flattered to deceive, throw in the occasional reported injury and I don’t think it’s beyond comprehension that he may be declining slightly.

He is going to be 33 next season.

Despite all that, I consider him to be club legend and a terrific guy and he can very much still play a part at this level for another few seasons so would be very disappointed if he left. 

I think I actually agree with the vast majority of this! :o

I think he has got better and better as the season has gone on, culminating in the two superb performances v Alloa and Stranraer. If his season was going in reverse, and he put in the last 2/3 months of performances at the start and the first 2/3 months performance this calander year, I would certainly see the argument that he was on a sliding slope and it could be best to act now rather than later. I would also think/ agree that he should drop out for a few games if that was the case.

'reported injury' comment I presume is only in there to troll me :D:D

I'm really not meaning to be a dick here - but I'm really struggling to break this down anymore. I will try.....

Which of these two sentences do you agree with?

1 - He has not been treated any differently.

2 - He has been treated differently by way of other players simply being dropped, where as Bobby Linn was dropped and then it was lied about for a reasons unknown.

If you agree with 1 - then you must think that every time a player has been announced as injured, he has actually been dropped? Also must be wondering why we've not announced injuries for players who have been dropped during this season, just as we did with Bobby Linn?

If you agree with 2 - then when you said ' He’s not been harshly treated or treated differently to anybody else. ' that's actually utter bollocks by your own admission.

You cannot agree with both sentences. It can only be one or the other, and whichever one you choose you have contradicted yourself above by arguing both points.

Does this make sense?

The frustrating thing for me here is it looks like I'm going on and on and on about this - when actually I'm going on and on trying to explain a singular point too you :lol: Ultimately it doesn't really matter what I think. What matters is what Bobby Linn thinks.....

How is that being treated differently, you only know that because you know Linn personally. Someone mentioned that’s happened to McCord too after speaking to him at Stranraer. Again if nobody had spoke about that to him at Stranraer nobody would’ve known any better.

The management team wanting to keep their reasons for dropping players in the dressing room is up to them, you maybe don’t agree with it which is fair enough but Bobby isn’t being singled out or treated any differently or harshly by them in comparison to anybody else.

Do you think he is?

Are you saying, that one off the cuff comment from Ian Campbell in a post game match, will be a big reason why Bobby Linn leaves?

I think I actually agree with the vast majority of this! [emoji33]
I think he has got better and better as the season has gone on, culminating in the two superb performances v Alloa and Stranraer. If his season was going in reverse, and he put in the last 2/3 months of performances at the start and the first 2/3 months performance this calander year, I would certainly see the argument that he was on a sliding slope and it could be best to act now rather than later. I would also think/ agree that he should drop out for a few games if that was the case.
'reported injury' comment I presume is only in there to troll me [emoji3][emoji3]

Before Saturday’s game Yule, Linn, Denholm and Swankie all were said to be doubts in the paper. Obviously Yule was injured but nobody knows about Swankie and Denholm, they looked fine to me, however if someone was to know them personally like you do Bobby then maybe you’d find that it’s the exact same situation...

This happens every single week too by the way.

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How is that being treated differently, you only know that because you know Linn personally. Someone mentioned that’s happened to McCord too after speaking to him at Stranraer. Again if nobody had spoke about that to him at Stranraer nobody would’ve known any better.

The management team wanting to keep their reasons for dropping players in the dressing room is up to them, you maybe don’t agree with it which is fair enough but Bobby isn’t being singled out or treated any differently or harshly by them in comparison to anybody else.

Do you think he is?

Are you saying, that one off the cuff comment from Ian Campbell in a post game match, will be a big reason why Bobby Linn leaves?

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Before Saturday’s game Yule, Linn, Denholm and Swankie all were said to be doubts in the paper. Obviously Yule was injured but nobody knows about Swankie and Denholm, they looked fine to me, however if someone was to know them personally like you do Bobby then maybe you’d find that it’s the exact same situation...

This happens every single week too by the way.

I think I shall refer this to my previous comment, as quoted below ;) I've made my point, I'm sure you agree. Plus I'm more than happy to go back an forth on this during my work hours, but I'm away up the road shortly so...... ;)

53 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Anyway - I'm sure we all agree it is a waste of time us going back and forth over this time and again. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Simon, if all these long postings are just a secret ploy to launch your "Tap Boi Football Agency" with your two new clients, then you are well on your way as you able to waffle on for paragraphs, prolong paragraphs which all legal contracts are full of!

Your 10% will be well earned!

:thumsup2

I have a classic tactic; be as verbose as possible and people will just agree with you/ lose the will to live/ sign their life away too you rather than actually reading through the waffle prolonged paragraphs. Similiar to the Hammy, I consider what I do to be an art form, where as I strongly suspect the majority consider what I do to be extremely boring and tedious :D 

So who can blame Bobby Linn if he leaves and goes to a rival club because he’s been treated poorly, Ian Campbell said he had a knock when he didn’t and Josh Skelly got on ahead of him v Albion Rovers?

Bobby may very well leave, he’s had a brilliant 5 year here and is a club legend, everyone would be gutted, but I don’t think he’s been treated any differently to any other player in the squad and I think that’s a very harsh criticism of IC and DC. I’m sure Bobby has loved his time under both too, don’t think you’re doing anyone any favours suggesting that there’s been some kind of fall out which will see him leave the club.

Strange for him not to play any part of the game against Albion so it all points to him carrying an injury / knock or he may have simply been rested. 

I agree that his performances since the turn of the year have improved which shows he’s reacted well to the increased competition for his place. It’s probably the first season in his career where he’s not been an automatic 1st choice pick. 

3 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Strange for him not to play any part of the game against Albion so it all points to him carrying an injury / knock or he may have simply been rested. 

I agree that his performances since the turn of the year have improved which shows he’s reacted well to the increased competition for his place. It’s probably the first season in his career where he’s not been an automatic 1st choice pick. 

He was carrying an ongoing injury for most of the 2017 calendar year which meant he was struggling to accelerate and beat a man for pace, which is obviously a huge part of his game.

So far in 2018, as far as I am aware he hasn't had any sort of injury, and his previous ongoing injury has fully cleared up. In 2018, if he hasn't started/ come on as a sub it is either he is being rested or he has been dropped. Obviously completely understandable to rest a player now and again if you have games twice a week etc. but no player at our level should need any sort of rest a week after playing their last game, and a week prior to the next game, surely?

However, Pink/ Dick are maybe worried about his previous problem, and want to give him as much rest as possible knowing the play off games are coming up and we're basically assured a play off place on current form. The real proof of how things sit for me will be if we play our best team in the play offs or if we decide not to play him instead.

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So who can blame Bobby Linn if he leaves and goes to a rival club because he’s been treated poorly, Ian Campbell said he had a knock when he didn’t and Josh Skelly got on ahead of him v Albion Rovers?

Bobby may very well leave, he’s had a brilliant 5 year here and is a club legend, everyone would be gutted, but I don’t think he’s been treated any differently to any other player in the squad and I think that’s a very harsh criticism of IC and DC. I’m sure Bobby has loved his time under both too, don’t think you’re doing anyone any favours suggesting that there’s been some kind of fall out which will see him leave the club.

I can simply take my previous posts and use them to reply to this - and around the circle we go again!

4 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

It's not like I'm pointing out anything new above; everything I've said is either opinion in terms of how he's played, fact or things that are publically known.

1 hour ago, SimonLichtie said:

Ultimately it doesn't really matter what I think. What matters is what Bobby Linn thinks.....

1 hour ago, SimonLichtie said:

Anyway - I'm sure we all agree it is a waste of time us going back and forth over this time and again. 

For someone who seems unhappy when I 'bang on' about this, you seem to be doing a fair bit of 'banging on' yourself!

I've said my piece and we have a difference of opinion on this. I've waffled on explained in depth ;) why I view things the way I do and I there's absolutely nothing more I can add without repeating myself :)

9 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Check out McCords goals per games record, absolute superb return for a midfielder, 23 goals in 53 games (8 sub). 

If i was told you could only keep 11 of the current squad Pongo would be in my 11, he is one player i would persevere with to try and get fitter, he is a total class player and a total different type of midfielder than the others we have at  the club.

Ginger?

In way of an apology to everyone who has had to read 2 pages of mundane  arguing back and forth between me and 1320Lichtie while I dwindled  my working hours away, here is a tremendous gif to make it getting to the end of it all worthwhile.

GUBIKZ.gif.4b9a4329892a880b46cca666aa46c498.gif

Edited by SimonLichtie

In way of an apology to everyone who has had to read 2 pages of mundane  arguing back and forth between me and 1320Lichtie while I dwindled  my working hours away, here is a tremendous gif to make it getting to the end of it all worthwhile.

Good old Lucas Birnstingl.......lol

[emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]

It makes me happy knowing this is the second time I've bought this gif to your attention in the last few days [emoji6] 

Like I said on Twitter, f**k you Simon[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Bobby has been our most dangerous player in 2018. Really hope he signs on for at least another year. Great player to have in the team and one that gives 100% every week.

Worth another year at least, surely