The Arbroath Thread

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Two daft wee laddies (the 17 year old should know better, granted) and folk are wanting to punch holes in them, one even offering money to do so. For a bit of spray paint.

Come on to f**k. :lol:

And the 15 year old shouldn't?

Is there a magic enlightenment switch at 16 or 17 or can we just accept that at 15 they are both charitably "daft" or uncharitably criminally irresponsible?

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And the 15 year old shouldn't?

Is there a magic enlightenment switch at 16 or 17 or can we just accept that at 15 they are both charitably "daft" or uncharitably criminally irresponsible?

I'm prepared to give the 15 year old more lee-way for his actions than the 17 year old, due to exactly that - the 17 year old should be wiser by his years alone. 

Of course they are both (ir)responsible. I've never said they are not. 

I don't think resorting to offering up violent retribution is the way to go about helping the situation - either punishment for the crime or the cleaning of spray paint of of grass and brick. 

At what age do we stop just battering kids for doing something wrong? Should I go batter my nephew for breaking his neighbours shed window? (he's 8, FWIW). 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Two daft wee laddies (the 17 year old should know better, granted) and folk are wanting to punch holes in them, one even offering money to do so. For a bit of spray paint.

Come on to f**k. :lol:

I guess if you don't object to "daft wee laddies" defacing other people's property, it would be OK. But if some "daft wee laddies" with spray paint sprayed some on your house or car would you feel the same way?

I hope they are made to clean up the paint themselves or they, or their parents, are made to pay for the cost of materials and labour to remove the paint and put the defaced property back to how it was.

2 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

I hope they are made to clean up the paint themselves or they, or their parents, are made to pay for the cost of materials and labour to remove the paint and put the defaced property back to how it was.

Absolutely. I can't disagree with that. 

Grown adults (some offering up money) in exchange to punch two teenage boys for spray painting a few places is absolutely wild. 

27 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm prepared to give the 15 year old more lee-way for his actions than the 17 year old, due to exactly that - the 17 year old should be wiser by his years alone. 

Of course they are both (ir)responsible. I've never said they are not. 

I don't think resorting to offering up violent retribution is the way to go about helping the situation - either punishment for the crime or the cleaning of spray paint of of grass and brick. 

At what age do we stop just battering kids for doing something wrong? Should I go batter my nephew for breaking his neighbours shed window? (he's 8, FWIW). 

I'm not.

I'm not getting into a debate about retribution, punishment, etc. I just picked you up on the suggestion that in some way the 17 year old is more responsible than the 15 year old simply because he's two years older. I don't accept that particularly. I appreciate there has to be an age below which you are not deemed criminally responsible for your actions but it's sure as hell not 15.

Absolutely. I can't disagree with that. 
Grown adults (some offering up money) in exchange to punch two teenage boys for spray painting a few places is absolutely wild. 

At 16 this yob could me married and have family. At 17 he thinks it’s ok to vandalise other people’s property. But snowflakes like you just want to give them a slap on the wrist.

Just now, gone fishing said:

At 16 this yob could me married and have family. At 17 he thinks it’s ok to vandalise other people’s property. But snowflakes like you just want to give them a slap on the wrist.

Yeah, what we should do is any minor crime committed above marital age should be reciprocated with a right good assault. 

Will you take your pitchfork with you, Cleetus? 

Doesn’t mean you can go about acting the way some folk on here have been acting. He’s 17 ffs. How about instead of throwing the book at them you actually try and educate them and make them understand that what they did is pretty scummy behaviour.

And drop the snowflake patter. Makes you look like a massive fucking gammon.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Doesn’t mean you can go about acting the way some folk on here have been acting. He’s 17 ffs. How about instead of throwing the book at them you actually try and educate them and make them understand that what they did is pretty scummy behaviour.

And drop the snowflake patter. Makes you look like a massive fucking gammon.

You can't educate pork.

Both should be given the opportunity to clean it up themselves, if they refuse it’s perfectly reasonable for them to be tied to a stake in the centre circle whilst we throw shit at them, from a responsible distance obviously.

Not if it's rotten you can't 

Rotten eh mate when you were a spunk stain on the sheets I was fighting for this country. Falklands 1982 Iran 2003 done my shift for you liberal slap them on the wrist guys. Everybody in Arbroath can’t wait till they name them and shame .

Rotten eh mate when you were a spunk stain on the sheets I was fighting for this country. Falklands 1982 Iran 2003 done my shift for you liberal slap them on the wrist guys. Everybody in Arbroath can’t wait till they name them and shame .

Thank you for your service.

You are still coming across as a complete c**t.