The Arbroath Thread

5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

We need to talk about Arbroaths crowds.  I remember going to games at Gayfield where the split probably wasn't far off 50-50 home away.  To see home crowds of 2k odd, whilst I'm sure current league position has an impact,  is pretty wild to be honest.  Fair play.  

Obviously success has played a big part but the club works very hard off the park to engage with the town - kids in particular.

When I was a kid going to Gayfield, you could count the kids in the low dozens - I was only one of two in my school class that went to games - whereas it’s now in the hundreds. Great to see.

There seemed to be a real change after we won our first league title in 2011, with the league trophy being taken around local schools and businesses etc. each success since seems to have really added to this pride in the team and the town. Hopefully it’s here to stay and it would be great for Scottish fitba if every team and town could be the same.

Edited by Tattie36

28 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Obviously success has played a big part but the club works very hard off the park to engage with the town - kids in particular.

When I was a kid going to Gayfield, you could count the kids in the low dozens - I was only one of two in my school class that went to games - whereas it’s now in the hundreds. Great to see.

There seemed to be a real change after we won our first league title in 2011, with the league trophy being taken around local schools and businesses etc. each success since seems to have really added to this pride in the team and the town. Hopefully it’s here to stay and it would be great for Scottish fitba if every team and town could be the same.

Well it's not far off 10 percent of the towns population.  Apply that to the Rovers and that's equivalent of getting 5k a week :lol:

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Was stripped and warming up on Saturday so hopefully not far away from a return. Big fan of him as a player, albeit maybe not in his left wing role.

Hopefully back tomorrow, Been a fantastic player and signing for us this season giving us loads of different options, He bossed the game and scored in the last visit to Maryhill so hopefully he can be involved again at some stage

Was stripped and warming up on Saturday so hopefully not far away from a return. Big fan of him as a player, albeit maybe not in his left wing role.

I’m a big fan too. Very happy with him at centre back, left back or defensive midfielder.

1 hour ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Morton deserved the 3 points, By far the better team, Never a penalty in a million years 🤬 Killie are absolute pipe 💩💩💩

Hey don't get angry...get even !!

The sooner we all suss it out....

We're winning this 

2 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Morton deserved the 3 points, By far the better team, Never a penalty in a million years 🤬 Killie are absolute pipe 💩💩💩

Hey don't get angry...get even !!

The sooner we all suss it out....

We're winning this 

14 hours ago, CALDERON said:

We need to talk about Arbroaths crowds.  I remember going to games at Gayfield where the split probably wasn't far off 50-50 home away.  To see home crowds of 2k odd, whilst I'm sure current league position has an impact,  is pretty wild to be honest.  Fair play.  

It’s great. It’ll drop but when it does I still expect 13-1500ish home fans for an average run of the mill season. Clubs grown so much off the park and it’s been a long term gradual build up to where we are right now 

11 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Sit down, son, it was an absolute stonewaller. We may be pipe 💩💩💩 but we’re still ahead of you. 

7 minutes ago, Fide said:

Sit down, son, it was an absolute stonewaller. We may be pipe 💩💩💩 but we’re still ahead of you. 

Pen all day, but surely you should be much further ahead of a "plucky old hybrid us"