All things Dundee FC

Holt has performed fairly well since the turn of the year (Saturday past excluded) I personally think there has been a gradual improvement and he has gained a bit of confidence.

The times he has looked poor is usually when he is left exposed by the midfield and a relatively slow CH pairing. He doesn't yet have the experience to see that coming in games and react quickly to it - hopefully that will come.

I don't think he should be dropped for Kerr, if anything I'd put Kerr in at LM to give Holt some energetic cover in front of him.

Looking at the big picture, I've been happy with most of Hartleys signings and I think that by and large he has a decent eye for a player. Competition is always good so I'd be all for signing another LB but i wouldn't get rid of holt.

That solved that then. Maybe competition for Holt then? Unless he is always going to be injured.

Seems that his injury history before us is pretty clean so might just be bad luck for him.

When he arrived, the thought seemed to be that he would be used mostly as centre back cover but in his one start there (at home to Killie), he looked way out of his depth. I imagine with Irvine way though and the likelihood of Holt having a knock or being rested/dropped at some point, we'll see what he's capable of.

I see your posts on mobile , not on laptop. I said unsure if was you as I don't see all your posts, so I ask again who said on here about hemmings?

This question is not directed at you.

Coming from main stand I've not heard anything regarding him being "poor" or whatever has been said about him.

So why did you bring my name up in that regard?

Sorry for not understanding your illiteracy.

I see your posts on mobile , not on laptop. I said unsure if was you as I don't see all your posts, so I ask again who said on here about hemmings?

This question is not directed at you.

Coming from main stand I've not heard anything regarding him being "poor" or whatever has been said about him.

If you didn't hear it it must not have happened then.....

On a more serious note he got a bit of abuse from within the stands and across this and other message boards.

I'll admit I wasn't that impressed by him initially - not to the extent of moaning about him as its not my bag, but he missed a sitter vs Killie whilst Loy bagged 2 then there wasnt much between them for a few weeks. I was leaning towards Loy for a while. Thankfully Hartley knows best.

Got told tonight we've been keeping an eye on Stefan Scougall. Another attacking midfielder, but I'm pretty sure he can play on the wing although I'm not completely sure. He impressed me massively for Livi but dunno how he's got on down South.

As you well know, if the Derry juggernaut wants him he won't even bother talking to Saints.

Soz m9

Yeah, wages would be the problem, although we're both fucked if Hibs rekindle their interest.

FWIW in January we offered an undisclosed fee for him, while Hibs offered to loan him, United only wanted to loan him out but wanted a significant fee for doing so, which Hibs backed away from. So its hard to tell whether he'll be available or not, as I think they may change their manager in the Summer.

Yeah, wages would be the problem, although we're both fucked if Hibs rekindle their interest.

FWIW in January we offered an undisclosed fee for him, while Hibs offered to loan him, United only wanted to loan him out but wanted a significant fee for doing so, which Hibs backed away from. So its hard to tell whether he'll be available or not, as I think they may change their manager in the Summer.

Agree RE Hibs but it's more likely a diddy English team will take a punt on him and blow us all out of the water.

Agree RE Hibs but it's more likely a diddy English team will take a punt on him and blow us all out of the water.

Yeah I imagine thats the likeliest path for this.

Got told tonight we've been keeping an eye on Stefan Scougall. Another attacking midfielder, but I'm pretty sure he can play on the wing although I'm not completely sure. He impressed me massively for Livi but dunno how he's got on down South.

Always thought of him as a proper wee tricky winger but could just be merging him with someone else in my mind. Do recall them beating us 1-0 at Dens in the season we went up and think he had the beating of Irvine (well that's maybe harsh on Irvine but I am sure he was caused a few problems).

Know it's very early rumours but it does concern me very slightly that our rumoured targets that I've read on these boards are mostly attacking players. Williams can maybe cover at left back and help out with the defensive side of things (although he's meant to be a winger) but then Vincent is meant to be an attacking midfielder and then Scougall is definitely attacking. It's great and all that we're looking at players to keep improving that part of the game (or mitigating against a possible loss) but that's not our weakness right now. I'd say we need a couple of defensive minded midfielders in and to be ready to replace a defender if necessary.

Do have the feeling that Stewart will be off though. The board are likely to have discussed things with him (since his contract is up in a year) and there were supposedly Championship teams and Rangers in for him. My instinct is that right at the end of the season, something will come out overnight and we'll wake up with him signing for another club without warning. Scougall on paper seems like a great replacement though if that were to happen.

EDIT: Forgot about the rumoured interest in Dow too who is another attacking player

Edited by harry94