All things Dundee FC

I think one of the reasons Fais has done so well is that he has never been coached to play eleven a side until late in his career.

First touch is up there with anyone in Scotland, weak point could be getting bullied our closed out of games at a higher level. Give him room and he will score at any level, it will be interesting to see how he does and I will be looking out for Dundee's results.

Reckon he will score 10+ goals, possibly 15-20.

30 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Reckon he will score 10+ goals, possibly 15-20.

Based on what? He spent three seasons in League One, and scored more than six goals ONCE.

Must admit we would like to have kept him but he has not been up against stronger,more cynical defenders,yet.Another year in the championship might have shown if he really has it.I'd love to see him become a star but he'll be up against much better defences now,and fancy play might result in a rather sore leg.

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

This guy is the real deal, you seem jealous.

I'm not particularly jealous, I've made the point that he could be a superstar and he's worth a risk for a club in Dundees situation, but for a team like us he'd be a pointless signing considering we have a younger striker, whos been more prolific, at a higher level, for a weaker side, barely able to get game time as it is.

I'm not particularly jealous, I've made the point that he could be a superstar and he's worth a risk for a club in Dundees situation, but for a team like us he'd be a pointless signing considering we have a younger striker, whos been more prolific, at a higher level, for a weaker side, barely able to get game time as it is.

St Johnstone wouldn't sign him anyway, he's far too exciting a player for you.

^^^ jealous as fuçk - pleasing [emoji2]

49 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Cheers to @Big Gus for the tip earlier. First coupon up since a Gretna/Old Rangers double.

Yeah top tips from Gus, I got greedy and went for a four fold, 3 out of four, got fucked by Annan. Should have done a treble.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

*Head hits pillow*

Our u/20s got beat tbf.

Can anyone confirm if the boy Smyth at the back is the 6'3" 14 year old I've heard about?

Apparently high hopes for him.

He looked way less experienced than Waddell so that'd make a lot of sense if he was a bit younger. Nothing bad to say about him but thought he found the game a bit harder than others.

Thought the team as a whole had some pretty decent players in it and we were a bit unlucky to go out.

Yeah top tips from Gus, I got greedy and went for a four fold, 3 out of four, got fucked by Annan. Should have done a treble.

Cheers guys. Also fucked myself over by going for 4. It was Stirling getting rooked by the hearts laddies that done me. Was some great odds 2-1 for Arbroath up at Inverness was an incredible price. Dick was always going to go up there with the bunnet on backwards and his warface on.

Looking forward to seeing how they price up the next round of that.

Quite happy to see us continue picking up players from lower leagues and letting them develop. Stewart was virtually unknown and even Hemmings was a gamble.
Only thing that concerns me is Yordi seems to have filled the role of 'lower league gamble', with no pressure to perform. Is Bakhtaoui really gonna be first choice?

Cheers guys. Also fucked myself over by going for 4. It was Stirling getting rooked by the hearts laddies that done me. Was some great odds 2-1 for Arbroath up at Inverness was an incredible price. Dick was always going to go up there with the bunnet on backwards and his warface on.

Looking forward to seeing how they price up the next round of that.

Cheers Gus. I went for a Brora, Arbroath double at 6/1!

Welcome back to the forum.

Edit - and I see Brora won in extra time.... f**k!!!