All things Dundee FC

If it has a bigger capacity it could hold more than the odd international , maybe even a concert venue for someone like the view, or someone of that ilk

Elton John saved Scottish Football mate.

2 hours ago, BoobyMann said:

Folk saying 'just redevelop Dens', that would be the ideal but the Yanks would have to buy the stadium from John Bennett then put in an enormous amount of work to modernise the Main Stand and the Derry.

Much cheaper just to build a new ground.

Also don't the government give cash to projects like this? That would also ease costs.

Also, on a side note: just heard El Bakhtaoui on STV - he's got a weird Fife/French accent. He's gona have to sort that right out

Ya hoor, Monsieur.  Sounds quite cosmopolitan.

2 hours ago, BoobyMann said:

Also, on a side note: just heard El Bakhtaoui on STV - he's got a weird Fife/French accent. He's gona have to sort that right out

He seemed to be about the most popular guy in the dressing room but clams up a bit when a camera or microphone is shoved in front of him. Proper wee surly Frenchman. You guys will love him. 

I thought Hartley was very good tonight.  Seemed relaxed about the whole evening.  Happy to answer most, if not all questions.

A very, very brief summary as I recall it:

1. Harkins will not play for Dundee again.  Obviously he did not give details as to why.

2. He is hopeful at least one other signing is not too far away.

3. He is committed to Dundee and reminded everyone he has two years left on his contract.  

4. Understands the frustration of fans at being out the league cup so soon.

5. Feels that some clubs down south may look at Dundee as not being an established top flight club and therefore perhaps offer less for players than would otherwise be the case.

6. Was not happy with the youth set up when he arrived but is happy with what is in place now.

7. Believes Scott Bain will be an international keeper in due course.

8. Hopes to keep Stewart, who he stated has never asked for a move, but has to be realistic if an acceptable bid comes in etc.

Overall I thought it was a worthwhile night and it's good to see Hartley and all the other staff taking time out to explain club matters to the fans.

10 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Point 1 he never said that, not in them words but thats what people took from it

Point 2 is also incorrect, he said 2 defensive and 1 attacking

All the rest correct

Will try do it in points.

Harkins - Nothing much to say apart from everything regarding players is internal and will be kept that way

Stewart - No more offers has been put in and its up to the board now on what is best

Players missing still Low and McPake

The new boy has no release clause LOL

Looking to bring in 2 defensive players and 1 attacking player,  no names

Stadium - Hartley had a laugh about it and said nothing to do with him he is just concentrating on the team

More said of course but thats the main points i took from it.

f**k it was going to wait for it to being posted on website but guess it will be tomoro?

I think points 1 and 2 were said when I was still tucking into my pie and coffee so 6.5 out of 8 is not too bad for me haha.

I thought Hartley was very good tonight.  Seemed relaxed about the whole evening.  Happy to answer most, if not all questions.

A very, very brief summary as I recall it:

1. Harkins will not play for Dundee again.  Obviously he did not give details as to why.

2. He is hopeful at least one other signing is not too far away.

3. He is committed to Dundee and reminded everyone he has two years left on his contract.  

4. Understands the frustration of fans at being out the league cup so soon.

5. Feels that some clubs down south may look at Dundee as not being an established top flight club and therefore perhaps offer less for players than would otherwise be the case.

6. Was not happy with the youth set up when he arrived but is happy with what is in place now.

7. Believes Scott Bain will be an international keeper in due course.

8. Hopes to keep Stewart, who he stated has never asked for a move, but has to be realistic if an acceptable bid comes in etc.

Overall I thought it was a worthwhile night and it's good to see Hartley and all the other staff taking time out to explain club matters to the fans.

Cheers Shadow Play. Much appreciated.

15 minutes ago, Deestruction said:

Point one was said directly by him.

"Gary won't play for the club again. And it's not just personal reasons."

Interesting...wonder what he actually did to warrant this!?

19 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Isn't this obvious stuff regarding what happened in Austria.
The new website is pretty sweet. Thought all the agm meeting was going to be online for others to see straight after it?

Didn't know there was an AGM, but the meet the manager event is up on the official site.

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

You know fine that is what I meant. I guess you also knew that post was directed at you.
Thank you

Could someone post a link on here so I can pass it on please

No, I didn't. It's on the front page...

There's a massive difference between an AGM and a Meet the Manager event for season ticket holders, therefore I hadn't a clue that you meant the meet the manager event.

It's like saying can someone post the Wimbledon Final with Murray when you're meaning a fucking badminton game.

What did happen in Austria?

Is it not rumoured that things weren't going that well in Austria and Harkins said something along the lines of 'the reason it's not working is all the players you have signed are shite' allegedly.

That's what I heard from someone who is not remotely ITK.