All things Dundee FC

53 minutes ago, harry94 said:

McCann had him playing deep and driving forward. He could be a good box to box midfielder in theory.

I'm guessing McGowan will typically be preferred over Vincent here, but a 4-3-3 with Vincent deeper, Allan with more creative licence and O'Hara doing the box-to-box work is a pretty balanced midfield IMO.

24 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I'm guessing McGowan will typically be preferred over Vincent here, but a 4-3-3 with Vincent deeper, Allan with more creative licence and O'Hara doing the box-to-box work is a pretty balanced midfield IMO.

I actually thought Vincent did his best work further forward for us last season. He isn't the best on the ball so playing him deeper was a waste. He was at his best pressing high and winning the ball back further up the pitch. If Hateley wasn't so slow and laboured I would have him in the deeper position because he's technically pretty good, but his lack of pace and sharpness means he gets caught in possession too often. 

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

McCann has only deployed McGowan as an attacking midfielder in the no 10 sort of role so far and he had McGowan come on as a straight swap for Allan midweek. I don't know if that's in his thoughts but he's brought in at least two (rumoured to be more) defensive midfielders so it seems to be something he's identified as an issue.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hateley and/or Vincent replaced by the end of the window. Vincent has put in a couple of decent games deeper (one of them being the first game last season) but for the most part, he's been weak as piss and really struggled to recover to look properly fit between games. I don't mind him but, overall, I don't think he brings near enough to the team on a consistent basis.

I think it says a lot about Dundee that our whole midfield over our top flight seasons has essentially just been repurposed attacking midfielders with the exception of one or two.

Riccardo Calder has signed for ICT. He was pretty shite for us IMO but will prob do alright there against the other cluggers.
Thank you.

I'd be surprised if he can handle the move up there. He was too emotionally fragile being so far away from home here.

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I'd be surprised if he can handle the move up there. He was too emotionally fragile being so far away from home here.

Maybe being so far away from civilisation will help him adjust. 

Thank you.

Riccardo Calder has signed for ICT. He was pretty shite for us IMO but will prob do alright there against the other cluggers.
Thank you.

Like pretty much all loanees that Hartley brought in he never really got a run of games.

5 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Hendry played a handful of first-team games for Thistle at 19/20 years old - that's no basis for a sound judgement. Wigan obviously thought they'd seen enough to form an opinion but ended up, as things stand, getting it wrong.

Very interesting.

Hendry played a handful of first-team games for Thistle at 19/20 years old - that's no basis for a sound judgement. Wigan obviously thought they'd seen enough to form an opinion but ended up, as things stand, getting it wrong.

If I've got it right Wigan had 4 managers during his spell and the associated shite results. Pretty difficult for a young lad. Now he's arrived at the bastion of stability that is Dens I'm sure he'll flourish.

Mebbe

Calder was basically Phil Roberts in disguise. Fantastic potential but an absolutely brutal attitude. Can blame Hartley for a lot of things but Calder was the only person that stopped himself from being a success at Dens.

8 hours ago, Andershen said:

Looks like it's gonna be nice and peaceful in here till the real stuff begins, with the weirdos from Perth pumped out of Europe and the silly DABs still DOON as f**k with their jobby sleeves.

Teckle.

:lol:

I have an old Hereford United third top from a few years ago which is bright orange (one of the few of my tops that fit me now) - do I burn or not?

Also, my mate (as a joke) bought me a PAOK top with 'Berbatov' on the back...is this a sign?

Thank you.

I can't wait for actual football to start.

Until then, I think we should discuss an important topic that's been largely ignored because we had an ugly manager under Paul Hartley. Things have changed, though; we have the suavest, best looking and sharpest dressed leader in the league. Who do we feel is the ugliest c**t to manage a team in the Premiership?

My vote goes for Tommy Wright. A fat, greasy slob that makes even Mixu look well kept. He probably wears a knock-off Casio bought on a beach in Benidorm, too. Tart.

nxtcbd.jpg

A close second goes to Neil Lennon. A genuinely unfashionable character (in all senses of the word). No style, internally or externally.

JS115780221.jpg

Martin Canning is a bit of an ogre, too.

Thoughts? Thank you.