All things Dundee FC

This is such a good signing on so many levels.

Firstly a top player coming to us is always good, what makes this better is that is on a free and not for a silly 5 months.

This also highlights that McCann has no faith in O'Dea.

It shows what a forward thinking club we are, taking on a player with previous mental health issues and trying to end the stigma.

Good for Scottish football by bringing in another high profile player.

Well done McCann.

I was trying to think of a song but so far all I have is "Something something something something Steven Caulker/ Something something something decapitating  Andy Walker".

I can't think of a tune either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

That's some signing for Dundee. Even though he's not kicked a ball since mid-September you'd think he'd stroll this league.

Unlike your Alves, Toure, Barton, Kranjcar, Hill et al he's only 26 so should have his peak years ahead of him. You'd think there's the potential for a re-sale value if he can keep himself on track. It's clear why no one in England was willing to take a chance on him but reading that Guardian article he's a year sober and similar with his gambling. Assuming he keeps his head down and does a job Dundee could easily cash in on him for a decent wedge.

Edit: Interview with him on ITV London here.

I would say we should all read this article, see how moaning can affect player and performance then apply it to O'Dea to see how he could possibly be affected. 

22 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I was trying to think of a song but so far all I have is "Something something something something Steven Caulker/ Something something something decapitating  Andy Walker".

The Derry biys are having a party,

Please don’t bring any voddie or charlie...

With Saints crumbling and United floundering in the Championship, one can only assume that Dundee will now claim the “best team in Tayside” title with this utterly baws oot signing. With a new stadium on the way in a city which is positively glowing at present - I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that there’s a very good chance we’ll be watching Dundee FC playing in Europa League group stages next season after winning the Scottish Cup.

Godspeed, dirty Dees. Godspeed.

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

We can always pinch demented Arab Finlay's 'Stephen Thompson' tune and just change the words to 'Steven Caulker'. Sure he wouldn't mind! :lol:

6 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Thanks for posting.

Having watched this I think it's awesome that Dundee is a club that Caulker sees as being capable of handling this, and that we are willing to go out on a limb for him. He has really put his career in our hands.

The club need to get the support structure he needs in place but as fans we should be right behind him from day one. 

Our boy. Hope he smashes it.

4 hours ago, The Algebraist said:

Thanks for posting.

Having watched this I think it's awesome that Dundee is a club that Caulker sees as being capable of handling this, and that we are willing to go out on a limb for him. He has really put his career in our hands.

The club need to get the support structure he needs in place but as fans we should be right behind him from day one. 

Our boy. Hope he smashes it.

Absolutely this.

I'm not sure that running away from his issues alone will solve his problems. I remember a quote from Russell Brand along the lines of him saying "I went abroad on holiday to get away from everything but when I got there I realised my head was still with me". 

Hopefully he gets himself together while he's with us. It's never nice to hear of anyone in those depths of despair.

Let's step up to the challenges Steven faces,and the supporters rehabilitation too.
Too many times in here have we heard of sections of the support getting on the backs of certain players the moment a pass goes awry or things don't go to plan.
We have a player here who in the normal scheme of things would ordinarily grace Dens only in a pre season friendly. He has issues and the Boss has sold him on the idea that playing for us can help him overcome these and bring him to a point of finally reaching his potential.
My fear is that WE, the supporters behave in typical troglodyte fashion and get on his case.
Please, if you haven't, take the time to read the Guardian article and spread the word.
Who knows by helping Steven put to bed his demons we may actually assist in conquering our own (COXY AND SECTIONS OF SOUTH ENCLOSURE TAKE NOTE)

Let's step up to the challenges Steven faces,and the supporters rehabilitation too.
Too many times in here have we heard of sections of the support getting on the backs of certain players the moment a pass goes awry or things don't go to plan.
We have a player here who in the normal scheme of things would ordinarily grace Dens only in a pre season friendly. He has issues and the Boss has sold him on the idea that playing for us can help him overcome these and bring him to a point of finally reaching his potential.
My fear is that WE, the supporters behave in typical troglodyte fashion and get on his case.
Please, if you haven't, take the time to read the Guardian article and spread the word.
Who knows by helping Steven put to bed his demons we may actually assist in conquering our own (COXY AND SECTIONS OF SOUTH ENCLOSURE TAKE NOTE)

1000% this. We have the power to make this boys career. We can’t let him down.